Another Bump in the Road Part 3

"I can't believe we let Storm Shadow get away and take Abigail with him," Ripcord says.

"Don't worry, Ripcord, we'll find her but for now, let's deal with bio vipers," Scarlett says.

A few minutes later, they defeat the bio vipers. They walk back to the coyote to meet up with the others. Meanwhile, Abigail wakes up in a holding cell in Mindbender's lab and tries to figure out where she is. She sits up on the bed and looks around the room. The teen sees a small table and a chair in the middle of the room, and that's about it. She looks down at her locket and opens her. Inside is a picture of her and her parents.

"Mom, dad, I wish you were still here with me. I don't know who I am and need someone to guide me down the right path. I only want to find a family that loved me as you did. I need you." Abigail says as tears start to roll down her cheeks.

Outside the door, Storm Shadow hears everything that Abigail just said. He can feel the emptiness in her heart and the pain of everything she has been through in the past ten years.

I can't believe it. All this girl is doing is trying to find her true path, and I'm keeping her from doing that, Storm Shadow thinks.

Back inside the cell, Abigail hears the door open. Then she looks to her left answer and sees Storm Shadow walking into the room with a food tray. He sets it on the table.

"Here, you need to eat. We need you at full strength." Storm Shadow says.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry. You probably poisoned it." Abigail says.

"Do you honestly think we would poison you after we captured you?" Storm Shadow asks.

"That does sound like overkill," Abigail says.

She goes to the table, sits down, and starts eating. When she finishes eating, Mindbender enters the room.

"It's time for you to help me with my project," Mindbender says.

"What, you aren't smart enough to finish your project yourself?" Abigail asks.

"I am, but I need your help with one last part," Mindbender says.

"What makes you think I'm going to help you?" Abigail asks.

"I'm afraid that you don't have a choice, my dear," Mindbender says as he presses a button on the remote in his hand.

Meanwhile, at the coyote, Scarlett fills the others in on what happened earlier.

"How are we going to find Abigail?" Tunnel rat asks.

"I don't know, but we won't give up until we do." Duke answers.

"Does anyone besides me think Dr. Mindbender is behind this?" Ripcord asks.

"That's the best explanation we've got." Scarlett answers.

"Why did they use Abby's necklace to control her?" Ripcord asks.

"Simple, it's the only thing that Abigail has that reminds her of the family she once had." Scarlett answers.

Twenty minutes later, Snake Eyes returns, and Scarlett asks him if he found Abigail. He nods and points to the north. The Joes Grab their weapons and head north to rescue Abigail. Back at Mindbender's lab, Mindbender has Abigail under his control again. She works on the computer, helping him perfect his bio-viper formula.

"I knew the girl would be as smart as her parents," Mindbender says.

When she finishes her work Abigail walks over to Mindbender. He presses another button on the remote and releases her from his control. Then she faints a few seconds later. Storm shadow catches her in his arms.

"What is wrong with her, Dr. Mindbender?" Storm Shadow asks.

"That's just the side effect of mind control." Mindbender answers.

"You knew this would happen?" Storm Shadow asks.

"Yes, I did, but I'm just following orders from the commander." Mindbender answers.

"Forget about the girl Storm Shadow. She has done her job. Now get rid of her." Baroness says.

Storm Shadow nods, drape her off his shoulder, and then leaves the room. In the wood near a stream, Storm Shadow does what Mindbender told him to do. He tosses Abigail into the water. He watches the current quickly drag the unconscious girl downstream. Then ninja streaks away from the scene. Twenty minutes later, Snake Eyes sees Abigail floating downstream and heading towards a waterfall. He leaps to a stone that is close to where Abigail is heading. He snatches her out of the water a few seconds before she is about to go over the edge and carries her to safety.

The Joes show up a few minutes later and see Snake eyes lay Abigail down on the ground and check for a pulse. Scarlett goes over to them to check for herself. Abigail's pulse is weak, but she is still alive. Then she looks down at Abigail's necklace and sees a small camera and GPS tracker fall off the gem as the water drip off it.

"I think the best thing we can do for her is to take her to a hospital," Scarlett says.

The Joes nod, and Duke picks up Abigail carefully. Then they head back to the coyote to take her to the hospital. The only thing on everyone's mind is why Mindbender would do this to Abigail.