Abigail's Choice

"I won't let you do this," Abigail says.

Kyle says that this is his decision. She asks why he is doing this in the first place. He tells her it's because Cobra is behind his parents changing their names and moving out here. Abigail adds Cobra is why her parents are dead and her living in the orphanage filled with all those mean children.

"I sure you want to know Cobra's motive behind what they did to our families," Kyle says.

"I do, but running away from the hospital is a bit crazy, isn't it," Abigal thinks.

"Here, this outfit will look great on you, " Kyle says, helping her disconnect the heart monitor and handing her the change of clothes he bought for her.

She goes into the bathroom to change. After she comes out, they walk to the door. Kyle sees all the doctors and nurses in the hallway.

"How are we supposed to get out of here?" Kyle whispers.

"Follow my lead. I read about ninjitsu." She whispers back.

Kyle nods. They sneak out after the doctors and nurses turn around. Back at the Andrew's house, Madeline walks up to Sammy. She sees the frustrated look on her daughter's face.

"What's wrong, honey?" Madeline asks.

Sammy tells her mom where Kyle went and what he plans to do. Madeline tells her to go to her room to cool down. Sammy listens to her mom and goes to her room.

"I had a feeling that Kyle would do something like this. He's just like his father, alright." Madeline thinks to herself.

Meanwhile, Kyle and Abigail find a cave to take cover because the weather report Kyle checked on his phone said that a strong storm would hit the area in ten minutes. Abigail sits down and waits for Kyle to come back with the firewood. He comes back three minutes before the storm hits.

"Do you want any help?" Abigail asks.

"No, angel, I got it." Kyle answers as the fire lights up the cave a few seconds later, they sit down next to it.

Abigail sets her head on his shoulder. Kyle puts his arm around her. They stay like that for a few minutes till the sound of their stomachs growling echoes off the cave walls.

"You brought food with you, right?" She asks.

"No, sorry, Angel. I would've been caught going into the kitchen to get some food. We're going to get something to eat after the storm passes." He answers.

Abigail asks where they will go and gently reminds him that everyone here probably knows him since this is a small town. He says there is one restaurant in town that his family hasn't been to, Mary's diner. The storm passes through quickly, so Kyle goes outside and picks up some damp leaves. He uses some of them to put out the fire and the rest to hide his bag. Then they head to Mary's diner.

Ten minutes later, they walk inside, and the hostess Hannah greets them. She has hazel eyes and dark red hair. Their table is near the back of the restaurant. Hannah asks what they would like to drink. They say that they'll have the chocolate milkshake.

Hannah leaves, and their sever Antonia walks up with their drinks. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.

"How are you two doing tonight?" Antonia asks.

Kyle says that they're good. He asks her if it's true that they show a movie every night on the back porch. Antonia says yes, and they're showing Frozen tonight. Kyle watches as Abigail's eyes light up after hearing the title.

"Do you need time to look over the menu, or do you have something in mind?" Antonia asks.

"I'll have a cheeseburger with the works and some onion rings." Kyle answers.

"I'll have the same, except I want lettuce, tomato, and mayo on my burger," Abigail says.

Antonia leaves to put their order in. Ten minutes later, she comes back with the food. Antonia tells them to enjoy their food and leaves to let them eat. Kyle passes the ketchup to Abigail, and she squirts some on her plate. She sets in down between them. They finish eating fifteen minutes later. Antonia comes back and takes away their plates. She asks them if they want some dessert. Kyle says no. 

Antonia gives them the check. Kyle leaves to pay the check. When he returns, he sets the tip on the table, and they walk out to the back porch to wait for the movie to start. The movie started at seven and ended at eight twenty. They leave the diner and head "home."