Kyle's Rebellion

Roadblock gets to the gas station thirty minutes later. The cashier working has dark green eyes, long black hair, a friendly smile, and is around five foot nine. Roadblock as him if they have any extra plastic gas cans. The teenager says yes and hands him the can from behind the counter. Roadblock thanks him and pays for the gas needed to fill it up. He leaves the store and walks to the gas pump.

Meanwhile, everyone sits around the dinner table at the Andrew's house. Madeline serves her homemade Chicken Enchilada Skillet. Everyone eats happily except for Kyle.

"What's wrong, Kyle? You haven't touched your food." Madeline asks.

"I guess I'm not very hungry tonight. Can I be excused?" Kyle answers.

"Of course," Madeline says.

 Kyle gets up from his chair. He walks out to the backyard. He lays down on the grass and looks up at the star-filled sky. The sparkling stars remind him of Abigail. Her eyes sparkled like that the first time she smiled.

"Abigail, please wake up soon. I wish you were here to see this beautiful night sky with me." Kyle thinks to himself.

A few minutes later, his imagination kicks into overdrive. He looks to his right and sees Abigail's beautiful face.

Inside the house, Sammy finished eating, and she went to check on her brother. She gets up and walks over to the sliding door. She looks out to see Kyle holding hands with the lawn.

"Poor Kyle, he's got it bad," Sammy whispers.

Meanwhile, Roadblock makes it back to the coyote. He fills up the tank. He closes the gas tank and puts the safety cap back on the spot of the gas can. He climbs into the driver's seat, sets the gas can down next to the seat on the floor, and puts the key in the ignition. He turns the key slowly. The engine starts to purr like a kitten a few seconds later. He calls Tunnel Rat.

"T-Rat, come in. I have good news I filled the coyote's tank." Roadblock says.

"Well, it's about time. The vipers have stopped trying to roast me." Tunnel Rat says.

"Meet me at the waterfall we passed a few miles back." Roadblock says.

"I'm on the way," Tunnel Rat says.

Roadblock drives to the waterfall. Tunnel Rat crawls out of the hollow log he 'took shelter' in. He used the ninja skills he learned at Snake Eye dojo to avoid being seen by the vipors. Eventually, he makes it to the waterfall and meets up with Roadblock. He climbs into the coyote.

"It's strange the vipers stopped blasts at me." Tunnel Rat says.

"Maybe they gave up or ran out of energy to recharge the weapons batteries." Roadblock says.

Tunnel Rat says that's one theory. Roadblock suggests that they should continue driving around to distract them. Tunnel Rat nods reluctantly. Roadblock backs the coyote up. They drive back onto the paved road and enjoy not being shit at for the moment.

At Andrew's house, Kyle stops 'holding hands with the grass. He watches Abigail's beautiful face disappear. The boy sits up slowly and lets out a long sigh. He makes up his mind about Abigail. He is going with her to discover Cobra's motive for killing her parents. He also wants revenge for forcing his parents to do what they did.

He gets to his feet and walks to the door. He sees Sammy. She reminds him that Abigail will wake up soon. He needs to stop blaming himself for this. Kyle tells her that he doesn't feel guilty about that. He goes to his room.

"What are you doing," Sammy asks as she walks into her brother's room, watching him pack his boy scout-sized backpack.

"I'm going to help Abigail." Kyle answers.

"Kyle, have you lost your mind? There is no way that the Joes will let you go with them after Abigail wakes up." Sammy says.

Kyle goes over to the closet. He takes out some more clothes. He walks over to his bed and puts the clothes in the backpack. Sammy tries to stop him from making a huge mistake.

"Kyle, people have said love is blind. They should have said love makes you lose your mind. You have to forget about Abigail. There are plenty of fish in the sea." Sammy says.

"No, Sammy. I'm not going to forget about Abigail. I'll never find another girl like her. The Joes won't have to worry about protecting her anymore because she'll have me. We're going after Cobra together, and you can't stop me." Kyle says.

Kyle pushes his sister out of the room and locks the door. Outside, Sammy pounds on it, shouting for him to unlock it. Inside, Kyle ignores his sister and finishes packing his bag. He puts on his jacket. Then he slings the bag onto his back and walks over to the window. He opens it and sits down on the sill.

"I'm sorry, mom and dad, but I need to do this," Kyle says.

He leaps down onto the front yard. He glances back at the house one last time. Then he runs off towards the hospital.

Back at the hospital, Abigail finally regained consciousness. Dr. Chang fills her in on her condition and how long she's been unconscious.

'Is it okay if I have something to eat?" Abigail asks.

The nurse came in with a tray of hospital food. She sets it down in front of Abigail.

Abigail eats the food quickly. She finishes ten minutes later. Dr. Chang says he'll be back to check on her later. The nurse takes the empty tray away. Then they both leave the room.

Kyle walks in twenty minutes later. He sees Abigail sitting up in the bed. He dashes over to her and gives her a big hug. She hugs him back. Her arms could barely make it around his backpack.

"I'm so glad that you're awake," Kyle says.

"Thanks, that's sweet. Why do you have that backpack?" Abigail asks.

"Because we're going to track down Cobra together." Kyle answers.