You Knew My Parents

Abigail apologizes for the glass, but Madeline tells her that she knew that it was an accident. Madeline asks Sammy to get the small dustpan to clean up the glass. Sammy quickly and carefully cleans up the shards of glass off the kitchen floor. She sets the dustpan on the counter and walks back to the table. The young woman sits back down in her seat. Abigail asks Madeline politely to tell her everything she knows about her parents. The next few minutes are spent hearing the story of Abigail's parents.

Abigail learned that in the lab her parent worked for. They discovered some of the workers secretly worked for Cobra. Once Abigail's parents found out, they tried to tell the boss, but the boss told them that he couldn't do anything unless they could find some evidence. Even when they showed that boss the evidence, he thought they made it up. They knew they didn't make it up, so they went to her and Stephan. The four of them would return to the boss and try to explain it to the boss again the next day, but the accident happened.

"If you were trying to help my parents, why didn't Cobra go after you too?" Abigail asks.

"We knew they would, so we had to stage our death and change our names so they wouldn't harm our new baby or us." Madeline answers.

"What new baby, mom?" Sammy asks.

"Sammy, I was three months pregnant with you while this was happening," Madeline explains.

"There is one thing I don't understand if Cobra was after my parents, why did they try to hurt me? I was just a little girl?" Abigail asks.

"I guess Cobra knew once you grew up, they didn't want to risk you trying to continue what they started." Madeline answers.

"I would never hurt anyone even if they did destroy my family and my life. The one thing that my parent taught me was that revenge never solves anything." Abigail says.

"Wow, Abigail had such great parents." Duke thinks to himself.

Abigail asks to be excused so she can get some air. Madeline nods, and Abigail gets up from her chair. Abigail walks outside to the deck and looks up at the star-filled sky. A few minutes later, everyone else got up from the table and walked out to the living room. The group couldn't believe how well Abigail composed herself during that conversation a while ago.

"Don't you think that Abby has been outside too long?" Tunnel rat asks.

"I think your right, Tunnel Rat; it has to get a little cold out there," Scarlet says.

"Why don't you go get your new girlfriend," Sammy says, teasing her brother.

"Sammy, for the last time, Abigail is not my girlfriend." Kyle snapped back.

All the adults in the room smiled at Kyle's response.

"Son, Can you just go get her, please," Stephan says.

"Yes, sir," Kyle says.

"Stephan, did you remember to give our son the talk, right?" Madeline asked her husband.

Stephan nodded. Kyle walked out slowly onto the deck. He notices that Abigail is still trying to comprehend everything that happened tonight.

"Hey, Abigail, are you ok?" Kyle says. Abigail turned around to face him.

"Hey, Kyle, I'm fine. I guess that everyone wants me to come in now, right?" Abigail asks.

"Yeah, they thought that you might be getting cold." Kyle answers.

"I guess that goosebumps on my arms are a good sign that it's getting a little chilly out here," Abigail says.

Kyle nods and slowly walks closer to her. He holds her right hand. Then the two teenagers looked at each other, and their eyes met. They stay like that for a few minutes. Back in the living room, everyone was wondering what was taking Kyle so long. Everyone walks to the kitchen to the door to the deck. They noticed the two teenagers smiling at each other well like two lovesick puppies. Sammy opens the sliding door.

"Don't stand there, Kyle. Kiss her already," Sammy yells.

Meanwhile, Kyle and Abigail hear what his sister just yelled.

"Kyle, if we did kiss, doesn't that mean we are a couple?" Abigail asks.

"Yes, but that wouldn't be so bad, would it." Kyle answers.

"I guess not," Abigail says.

Then he leans in, and the two teenagers share their first kiss. After they backed away, they couldn't help but smile.

"I guess we should head in now," Abigail says.

Kyle nods, and they head back inside, hand in hand. A few hours later, Duke says that they should get going. Everyone heads to the front door.

"Kyle, I hate to tell you this, but you kinda have to let go of my hand now," Abigail says.

"Sorry about that," Kyle said.

"It's ok.' Abigail says.

Then she kissed him on the cheek.

"I guess I'll see you around," Abigail says.

"Yeah, see you later," Kyle says.

Then Abigail says goodbye to Sammy. Abigail ends by thanking Madeline for the information she gave her about her parents. After the adults say goodbye, they walk through the door and head back to the coyote. While they are walking back, Abigail turns around to get one last look at the place that helped her life find a new start, according to her anyway.