Cupid's arrow Detour Part 2

The looks of shock slowly disappear from the faces of the Joes a few minutes later.

"What's with the sudden change of heart, Duke?" Tunnel rat asks.

"I don't know. I guess this place a grown on me." Duke answers.

"You just want Abigail to have her first date," Ripcord says.

"For the last time, it's not a date," Abigail yells from the back of the coyote.

"Listening in isn't polite," Ripcord says.

"It's not listening in when you are standing two inches away," Abigail yells.

"She got you there, Ripcord," Scarlett says.

"True, but how long are we staying?" Roadblock asks.

"We'll leave early tomorrow morning." Duke answers.

The Joes nodded and agreed that sounded like a good idea. Scarlett climbs into the coyote, goes over to Abigail, and sits beside her. Abigail looks over at her.

"You guys don't have to do this," Abigail says.

"True, but Duke thought it was a good idea to stay," Scarlett says.

"Don't you outrank Duke?" Abigail asks.

"Well, Yes," Scarlett answers.

"Then can't you overrule his decision and tell everyone that we're leaving," Abigail says.

"I could do that, but then we couldn't go to this little clothing store I found to get you some new clothes," Scarlett says.

"I guess I could use a few new outfits," Abigail says.

The teen remembers that she only has the few changes of clothes she took with her when she ran away from the orphanage.

"Great, let's go," Scarlett says.

The girls rejoin the group outside the coyote. Ripcord notices Scarlett has her purse.

"Where are you girls off to?" Ripcord asks.

"Just to that clothing store I saw." Scarlett answers.

"Ok, have fun," Ripcord says.

"Don't worry; we won't." Abigail jokes.

Scarlett tells the Joes they'll be back in a bit. Then they leave the group to head to the store. The girls get to the store, and the sign on the building reads Andrew's family Clothes.

"Let's hope the inside is better than the outside," Abigail says.

She notices some of the letters are faded. Then the girls enter the store. The inside is updated, and the racks are filled with every style of cloth that a tween or teenager could want. Abigail goes straight for the first rack she sees and picks out a few things that catch her eye.

"I knew you would like this place," Scarlett says.

"I don't like this place. I love it," Abigail says, correcting her.

Then Abigail goes to the dressing room to try on the clothes. A few minutes later, Abigail comes on in a pair of pink camouflage jeans and a pink ruffled t-shirt.

"Scarlett, what do you think?" Abigail asks.

"It looks great." Scarlett answers.

Kyle and his sister Sammy are setting up a new display on the other side of the store.

"Hey Kyle, isn't that the girl you meet earlier?" Sammy asks her little brother.

"Come on, sis, there is no way she is out there." Kyle answers.