School(chapter 2)

We're walking up the school steps and I hear someone, a girl calling out Hayes' name. He turns and instantly smiles, a bigger smile than this morning. She runs up and hugs him and he hugs back, they kiss each other lightly, it was like Hayes completely forgot I existed, I storm off and go straight to my locker. Just as I finish putting my books away the bell rings, oh great, class time. I walk into history, where I have to sit next to Hayes, yay (ahhhh no).
"Who's your lady friend?" I ask trying to smile but I'll admit it, it hurts.
"That's my girlfriend Kiara." He says blankly and looks down at his books. Oh.
Just as I slump in my chair the teacher comes in and starts talking but I can't pay attention, then I hear my name. I sit up.
"Lexie, you'll be working with Hayes on this project" I just sigh and slump down in my chair again.
"Class, start working in your pairs now!" The teacher enthusiastically says.
I turn and look at Hayes, he has that cute smile that can always make me smile back. I put my hand up.
"Yes Lexie?" The teacher says.
"Can I please swap partners?" I ask. Hayes looks at me, stunned. The teacher even looks at me weirdly, she knows that Hayes and I are best friends so she was probably confused. I give her a pleading look and she says I can swap because there is another pair that don't want to be together either. Hayes looks really guilty and keeps his head down.
My new pair comes over and I see I'm paired with Grayson Dolan. I don't know him that well but he seems nice, maybe quiet. Then I remember, Grayson, Hayes and I were all friends in middle school, I knew I had seen him somewhere.
I look to where Hayes went and see he's with Kiara, there practically on each other making out. Grayson waves his hand in front of my face, he must of been talking and realised I was daydreaming.
Then the bell rang, Grayson and I haven't done any.
"Um, Lexie do you wanna come over this afternoon so we can continue our project because we didn't do much?" Grayson asks nervously, I was about to say yes when I remembered I'm going to the park with Hayes, oh well.
"I would love to come, thanks!" I say to Grayson.