Hospital trips (Chapter 5)

Hayes POV

We finally get to the hospital and I rush in to see Lexie's parents there and I see Grayson and some other kid who looks like Grayson, must be that Ethan kid. I go straight to Lexie's mom,
"Is she ok?" I ask.
"We are about to talk to the doctors so you can hear for yourself. Who's she?" She says pointing to Kiara, while she's flirting with Ethan.
"Umm that's my girlfriend, soon to be ex girlfriend Kiara." I say looking at my feet.
Just as Lexie's mom went to say something the doctor came through the doors of the waiting rooms.
"Lexie Clarkson"  All of us got up and went to the doctor to find out if she's ok.
"Woah that's a lot of people, ok well, Lexie's in a mild coma but we think she may of lost all her memory but we aren't sure yet."
(A/N typical I know but I can't think of anything else)
I can't take it, I feel tears running down my face so I just sit down where I am standing and cry into my hands. Then I feel someone lift me up and look to see Nash, he has tears in his eyes but he's trying not to cry. Nash just hugs me as I cry into his shoulder.
"Can we see her?" Someone asks, I don't know who it is because I don't want to lift my head.
"Because there is a lot of you I'm going to say family only." The doctor says as I lift my head. He signals for family to follow him. Nash, Lexie's mom (I'm gonna call her Sarah), My mom, Skylnn, Will and I, all follow him to her room.

We get into her room and she just looks like she has fallen asleep, no pain, nothing.
"What happened to Lexie?" Skylnn asks.
"She's just asleep... For a long time." Sarah says with a tear slipping from her eye.
I go up to her and kiss her on the head lightly, a tear falls onto her head.
"W-w-when will she be awake?" I ask a bit shaky.
Skylnn comes up to me and grabs my hand, she has no idea what's happening, she just knows that I'm upset.
"It could range from 2 days to 5 weeks, we never know with these kind of things." The doctor says writing down test results and marking signatures and other doctors stuff.
"Hayes? I think we should leave now." My mom says, looking at Skylnn who is half asleep.
"I can't leave her mom, what if she wakes up while I'm not here." I say wanting to stay.
She says that we have to leave so I chuck Skylnn on my back and quickly kiss Lexie on the head again before walking out of the hospital.

One week later (still Hayes' POV)

It's been a week now and I'm getting more and more depressed everyday, I haven't left my room except to go to the hospital. Lucky my Mom said I didn't have to go to school because she knew that would only make me worse. Visiting times in the Hospital are 9:00-11:00 or 3:00-5:00, I usually go to both. Mom just woke me up so she could drop me off at 9:00 exactly and pick me up at 11:00 exactly, so I can spend the maximum time with Lexie.

8:58
Mom dropped me off at the hospital and the nurses let me in a few minutes earlier because they know I won't be loud and the only thing I would do is to sit down and cry.

I have been sitting here for about an hour now when I hear a knock on the door, I look up to see everyone is here. Grayson, Ethan, Mom, Sarah, Nash, Skylnn all walk in the goor and my Mom just hugs me while I cry. I look up and see Grayson sitting in the chair just looking at her blankly.
Then out of no where Grayson just jumps, and looks in shock.
"Hey Grayson." I hear Lexie say. I run up and squat down next to her bed.
"LEXIE" I half yell, half whisper.
She whispers something into Grayson's ear and he looks at me sympathetically.
"She doesn't remember you Hayes." He says and flinches thinking I'm going to hurt him.
How? Why doesn't she remember me?
I storm out of the room and hear Lexie say something,
"Was he my boyfriend or was he a big part of my life?"
I can't believe she just asked that. I get a drink and calm down then decide to go back in the room and see what's happening.
Then it hits me, he was the last person she saw leaning over her. I'm not the only one she's forgotten. I still can't believe she forgot me.
My best friend just forgot who I was...

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hi, I know this is kinda typical but LOL. I needed to update and I don't know what to do... Comment what you think should happen next and I will give credit at the bottom if I use your idea...
Bye chicken nuggets... Thanks for actually reading my story. ❤️❤️