Family

Lexie's pov:
That night Hayes invited me to have dinner at his house, I said yes of course because I thought I would be the only one but he let Phoebe stay too.
That doesn't really matter though, hopefully.
Nash came back down stairs and hugged me.
"Hey Nash" I say and hug him back, as his hugging me he tells his mom that his friends are coming over for dinner too.
"Your lucky I made more Hamilton." Elizabeth says frowning at Nash, I let out a little laugh. He hates it when she calls him Hamilton.
A few minutes of awkward standing around and two boys walk through the door and yell, "WHASSSAAAPPPP LOSERS!!!!"
I immediately realise who the friends are, The Dolan twins. This is going to be long night. Grayson sees me when he walks in the kitchen and freezes, he goes to say some thing but he can't get it out so he just stands there looking like an idiot.
"Hi Grayson" I say waving he runs over to me and lifts me up into the air and spinning me around, I start screaming and yelling telling Grayson to put me down. He puts me down and we stand locking eyes and standing very close, he pushes back a bit of my hair to behind my ear. I feel like he's about to kiss me, that's when Hayes coughs and we jump, startled. I blush and walk away, I walk over to Hayes and he just moves away from me and goes over to Phoebe. Does he like her or something because they are way too close for my liking, then I remembered I just almost kissed Grayson. Phoebe is just standing there awkwardly, she was a bit confused and looking at me sympathetically.
"Alright! Time for dinner!" Elizabeth yells patiently. We all head to the table and I sit down, Phoebe sits to my left and I look to my right to see... Two teenage boys shoving each other to sit next to me.
"THATS IT!! IVE HAD ENOUGH!!! WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING ALL THE TIME?? GRAYSON WHY DO YOU WANT TO SIT NEXT TO ME ANYWAY!? SAME WITH YOU HAYES!?" I get angry yelling at them.
"Well, I want to sit with you because I... Um well I have a crush on you." Grayson whispers the last part. I stand there in shock, I don't like Grayson in that way. I ignore it for like two minutes by saying "what about you Hayes?" I say looking at Hayes, hoping he'd say the same thing.
"Because your like Family to me." He says and smirks at me. I've had enough of this, I hate Hayes so much right now. My chest starts to hurt and I feel like screaming and crying. I see Nash glare at Hayes, Hayes looks guilty as soon as he says that.
I leave the table and go and get my school bag and all my stuff, I have to get out of here.
I run as fast as I can out the door, I hear Hayes and Grayson calling my name. Maybe Grayson is the one for me. I get a call on my phone and it has a random number, I stop and answer it while trying to make sure I sounded like I wasn't crying.
"Hello!" I say cheerfully, I'm really good at hiding my feelings, not. I probably sounded like I was about to break down.
"Hey Lexie, it's Phoebe. Are you ok?" Phoebe asks me, she obviously isn't as bad as I thought she was, maybe all of that was just an accident.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just needed some space." I say back.
"Please come back, it looks like it's going to rain soon and if you don't come back Hahes said he's going to find you and bring you back." She threatens, half laughing because we both know he would do that.
Just as I'm about to reply it starts raining.
"Ahhh, it's raining!!" I yell into the phone.
I hear the phone get passed around.
"Hey" I hear Hayes say, I'm still mad at him. Just for the record.
"Hey, family." I say bluntly into the phone, he sighs.
"Just come and pick me up." I say.
"Where are you?" He asks me, ummm good question I look at the street name. I laugh.
"I didn't even make it off your street." I say, damn I felt like I was running forever.
Five minutes later Hayes walks up to me, it's started raining more since I spoke to him.
He pulls me into a hug and I push away. I'm not up for this right now.
We finally get home after a walk of silence, yes that awkward silence will be the death of me.
When I walk in the door I see Ethan has his arm around Phoebe. Um? I want gone for that long was I?
"Hey Lexie? I'm sorry we started off bad can we start again?" Phoebe asks putting her hand out for me to shake.
"Hi, I'm Lexie, Hayes is my Family." I say shaking her hand, she just grins at me.
"Hi I'm Phoebe, Ethan is my boyfriend" she shakes my hand back. Hayes looks sad that I called him Family, but he did it first.
Ethan smiles at me and I smile back. Nash comes over and puts his arm around me.
"Don't worry we can both be single forever."