Freya

Thundering heart,

Rush of heat inside,

Consumed by his thoughts,

My white Knight.

FREYA

It was the coldest month but outside sun was shining. Yes, there was snow but the direct light of sun streaming in from my window was the thing awakened me. For the first time in six months I slept without nightmares. I felt relaxed and happy. But after few seconds realisation dawned on me and my calm left me.

I remembered last night and what utterly stupid things I have done. I clutched my head in my hands, I felt ashamed. I was like a plastic doll in his hands, blabbering the truth I wasn't even ready to accept myself. And he was there again to protect me from Evan and my drunk self.

I drank too much; I had that intention in mind when I agreed for bonfire. I wanted to let go, to feel free and not sad all the time. But I did more than that.

But even as drunk as I was, I could remember every second with him. From the moment he came in like a knight in shining armour till the time he told me with an undefined promise and passion that I will know when he will kiss me.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. I laughed shortly, if Alexander saw the morning me he would definitely freak out.

My fingers traced my waist, where is hands held me with gentleness and strength. The look of adoration and desire he emitted was etched in my mind. One thing was sure, he liked me but why that was not sure. A fantastical boy like him was not meant to be with average girls like me.

But never once he kissed me or tried to take any kind of advantage. Either he was not that interested in me or he was too much of a gentleman. With his expertise of flirting I was inclined towards the first option since I cannot seem to find a reason why he liked me?

I wanted to kiss him, with him so close my eyes traced his soft hair, his eyes, his sharp nose and sculpture perfect jaw line and then there were those inviting lips. For a moment I thought he would kiss me but nothing like that happened. I held onto him with support of the front of his shirt. His grip never once loosened. Few times I must have imagined look of dark desire in his eyes but another moment it vanished. This close to him I felt the heat between us in winter night and also the fact that he was strong in a model sexy type. But I was baffled at myself for being too intimate with him yet hopelessly carefree. In fact I felt wonderful in his arms and this scared me, I cannot allow myself to be enchanted.

As much as I want to believe my instincts and say that I was safe with him, the boy spelled trouble in bold letters. He will break my heart.

And even after warning myself so much I eagerly got ready for school because I know I will see him there. Will he ignore after my embarrassing event last night or will he make fun of me? I was worried what he thought of me, I shouldn't be but I was. I never before cared what others thought.

I stealthily walked down to the door to avoid my mother and sister and get lectured for coming home drunk.

"God, Freya he is smoking hot." My sister's voice startled me.

"Who?" I asked afraid to know her answer. He carried me home.

My best friends were traitors now.

"The guy that brought you home drunk. Well it looked like you were drunk but when the boy left I called mom and she sniffed you like dog. I guess you were asleep rather than being drunk." My sister explained.