Back Home

Apollyon had enjoyed too much, giving girl too much pain, seeing Alexander distraught on her girl's pain, seeing an angel break to the point of crying and then observing the so expected reaction of girl when she found out that Alexander was a demon. Now he wanted to see how far her love will go. She had already exceeded his expectations when she held on to just his memories and to him through her dreams, she never agreed to let him go even with immense torture, torture demon themselves couldn't tolerate. He knew then that their love was powerful, something much more than just a measly emotion.

These two were destiny.

So as per his promise, Freya was safely back at home with a hurtful memory and hopeless outcome. Alexander was now lost because of her, it was a punishment enough to let her live burdened with guilt and self remorse.

Freya stood in front of her house gate, her feet glued to the ground. She was back home but mostly dead. Yes, she might be breathing and her heart was beating but she felt dead. She had left a portion of her in Hell. She left Alexander when he came to that God Forsaken place for her. She not only left the one he loved most but she somehow managed to destroy the good in him, she turned her guardian angel into a demon.

Living was more like torment now and she knew she will be pulled into darkness like before when she escaped that night and had no one to share her pain with. This was much worse, much, much worse and again she was left alone to suffer in pain. Should she just leave and drown herself somewhere? No, no she was not that of a coward, she could never end her life.

She knew the aftermath on left living ones. She knew how she felt when her father died; she will not allow her family to go through same pain. But she had left Alexander to suffer through same think by willing walking out of his protection circle and left for Hell. She sensed Alexander's despair in her dream.

The guilt left her weak and she felt her legs tremble and head spin, someone caught her from behind. Filled with hope and surprise, she gasped and looked for her rescuer. Was it her guardian angel?

But before she could allow herself to freeze to death or turn to look, her rescuer lifted her from her waist and next thing she was in her room. This time she managed to get a look, it was Haylien.

The look on Haylien face should have been hatred since she was the reason his brother was in Hell. But he looked sad, apologetic and sympathetic. Seeing him broke something inside Freya, her iced shock shattered and she allowed herself to cry. She lightly sobbed, her hands hung lightly beside her. Haylien stepped forward and lightly hugged her across her shoulder. She sobbed harder, warm contact made her feel even worse.

"I am sorry Haylien, I am really sorry. I have no idea what to do? He doesn't even remember me now, I saw the hate in his eyes. I would never have let him break the rules. But I don't regret, I can't regret loving him." She mumbled all this while crying miserably.

Haylien was silent and lightly thumped her back in sign of consolation.

"We can help you." Alicia entered the room, her eyes evident that she had been crying, a lot.

This got her attention and Freya's head jerked up. She hurriedly wiped off her tears and looked at Alicia with a silent apology. Alicia nodded back in return.

"Alexander always said you two were destiny, connected in a way two people never can. And this doesn't end easily." Finally Haylien spoke.

"But like I said he doesn't remember me." Freya said miserably.

"Yeah, he may not but the connection still exists. He may have forgotten you but he will not hate you, it's not in him to hate you Freya. He was so deeply in love with you; whole heaven saw it and feared his attachment to you. You can't change what is destined to be together. It will take a lot of will power and bravery to be able to put yourself out there and make him love you, if not remember. It will be better if his angel side is alive again." Alicia explained patiently, sounding hopeful and trusting in Freya.

"We all know how strong you will power is." Haylien added solemnly.

"You are now our only hope. If angel Alexander was so dangerous, I am terrified to think what demon Alexander would be like." Alicia said with a shudder.

Freya didn't needed a push, she was all in if she had any chance of bringing back Alexander. She was all brave and fearless when it came to Alexander, even if he was a demon. She will do all that was in her power to get Alexander back to being himself.

"How will we contact him or meet him? He is in Hell now?" Freya put her worries into words.

The words still stung her painfully.

They were silent for a moment, clearly in desperation having forgotten that important detail.

"Maybe he will try to create havoc as demon on earth soon?" Alicia said expectantly.

"What was the last reaction from him?" Haylien asked thoughtfully.

The memory was like shrapnel in her heart, etched and slowly inflicting pain.

"I kissed him and he pushed me away strongly with a...a heartbreaking look on his face." She muttered out feeling her chest constrict painfully.

Unexpectedly, a smile formed on Haylien's face.

"What?" Both Alicia and Freya asked in unison.

"Oh, he will be back to see her. If she had kissed her after he became, that is going to create some mess in my brother's mind. He couldn't resist her as an archangel; do you think he would be able to do that as evil incarnate?" Haylien sounded elated and amused.

Alicia wiped out remnants of tears and let out a relieved giggle.

This was so damn true!