Chapter 4

Joe - Chapter 4

I smelt a heavenly aroma once Immelia opened the door. "Hi!" She said. "Hello!" We all said in unison.

"Take a seat guys!" She said as she pointed to the white dining table she had perfectly set up. "Sorry to trouble you M." I heard Zoey say. "Nah! No trouble!" Immelia said smiling. She helped us pull out our chairs. I sat beside Alfie and Zoe sat with Immelia. Everything that she cooked up looked so appetizing. "Tuck in guys!" I heard Immelia say seating across from me. I picked up the fork and started eating the stew and rice on the plate. "Yum! This taste great! Thank you!" I hear Alfie say. "No problem!"

I took a sip of the drink to my right. Sprite and strawberry. Delicious. "After dinner me and Zoe will go watch a movie in my room, okie? You guys can play video games or watch tv or a movie downstairs too!" Immelia said. Me and Alfie looked at each other. "Yeah!" We said together. "And if its too late, we can sleep over. Right M.?" Zoe asked. "Yep!" Immelia replied. We just about finished out dinner when Immelia asked "who wants brownies and ice-cream?"

"You're making us fat! But sure!" I said aloud.

As she walked into the kitchen she countered with "you wanted to come here for dinner!"

She served up 4 plates of brownies and ice-cream. "M. Are these brownies homemade?" Zoe asked. Immelia nodded putting a spoonful of brownie and ice-cream in her mouth.

After we finished our brownies, Alfie asked "hey, can we play one round of just dance 4 for my Alfie's games?"

"Sure!" We all say. Immelia threw Alfie the disk as we all prepare. We were in girls vs. boys. They were going down. "YOU'RE GOING DOWN!" Me and Immelia say at the same time pointing at each other. "Rock, paper, scissors." Alfie said. Me and Immelia went "rock, paper, scissors." Immelia came out with scissors and I came out with paper. "Argh." We had to start first. Immelia and Zoe sat on the fur blanket covered white couch. Alfie and Zoe confirmed both of us would be doing Part Of Me by Katy Perry. We all loved that song. Plus, it was difficult. As we danced, the girls behind us were giggling and laughing. We were doing quite well and both our scores added up was 7683. Not bad for starters. The the girl started and we knew we were beaten. They were so graceful and perfect. Their score added up was 8792. Clearly they won. Immelia went upstairs and brought down 3 boxes or games for us guys to play. "Do you play these?" I asked. "No they were my brother's." she said.

"He didn't want them?"

"No.. He died in a tragic motorcycle accident back in Australia."

"Oh... I'm sorry.." I said not knowing any of this.

"It was 3 years ago. Nothing can be done now. Go on! Me and Zoe have a movie to watch." She said grabbing a rented disk from the kitchen counter.

Me and Alfie sit on the couch with boxes on our laps shocked. "How do you think she deals with it and stays so happy?" I manage to blurt out to Alfie. "I don't know, but she'a a pretty strong woman." I hear him reply. As I open the lid of the first box, I realize these had been kept unopened. The layer of dust had to be at lease 1cm thick. I dust off the lid and opened the box. There were some games that were new. Unopened. Alfie picks out one in all the neatly packed disks. "Let's play this." He said. I shrugged and inserted the disk in. I was unfocused while playing the games.. She lived with that 3 years of her life and had to stay strong for others too. Woah. That's new.