Chapter 5

Immelia - chapter 5

| in a thought |

Oh Immelia... You just dropped another bomb on them. You came here for a clean slate. That's how your old friendships ended. You seem like nothing but trouble.

| thought interruption |

"Immelia? Immelia? Snap out of it!"

"Sorry.." I say closing the door. Zoe takes the disk from me and slides it into the player. We were watching Life Of Pi. We sat in the bed crying, laughing, giggling. We even 'awww' ant the same time. After the almost 3h long movie it was almost 12 midnight. We walked downstairs seeing the boys sleeping like babies. "Zoe, you can go take a bath first. I need to clean up a bit." I said pointing to the mess on the floor and in the sink. "Okay." She replied.

I quietly walked into the kitchen and washed the dishes. After I finished washing the dishes, I dried my hands and tipped-toed to the storeroom and grabbed two blankets and covered Joe and Alfie with the blankets. "Goodnight boys." I whispered. I then continued picking game disk covers and boxed off the floor and put them back in the box. I stacked the 3 boxes beside the television and walked upstairs. "Zoe?" I called out when I was upstairs. "Yep?" I heard a voice from my bedroom. "I'm going to go shower. Can you hang my towel on the bathroom doorknob?"

"Okie!" I heard Zoe reply. I hop into the shower and took and refreshing shower. I peeked out the bathroom door once I was done and picked my towel off the door knob and wiped my hair dry. I could see my neon pink ends were fading into hazel brown again. But I cared less and put on my t-shirt and shorts. I walked out the bathroom after I brushed my teeth. I walked to my room offing the lights to downstairs. I walked to my room only to see Zoe sleeping on my bed. Haiz... Oh well. I covered Zoe with the blanket and packed the disk back into its casing. I put it on my desk hoping to return it tomorrow. I turn on the air condition for my room and downstairs and the guest room where I would be sleeping and offed the lights in my room lightly closing the door. I walked to the guest room and closed the door. I set my phone alarm to 8:30am tomorrow morning. I would make breakfast tomorrow. Probably cereal or something. I reached out and turned off the lights.

[In A Dream]

The streamers fluttered through the wind. I was celebrating my brother's 21th birthday. "Guys! He's coming!" I heard Kyle, one of my brother's friends said. We all crouched down as I shut off the lights. He opened the door and turned on the lights. That's when we all went "SURPRISE IAN!"

"Woah!" He said stumbling backwards. I catch onto him as he falls. "I've got your back bro!" I said smiling, showing my dimples. "You always do." He said smiling back. The party went on as I sat on the stairs beside Ian talking about how he was coming back from the Canada trip. He had the brightest smile possible. But as the party soon ended, Ian was going to the bar to get some. Like he never got to for 2 months. I who is 3 years younger than Ian could not have liquor. I decided to stay at home alone. 2 hours later, I got a devastating phone call from the police. "Hello? Is its Immelia Rachel?"

"Errmm... Yes? Would you like to wait for my brother to come home, then talk to him?"

"Sorry Immelia. But your brother'a not coming back."

"Wait.. He'a dead?"

"Yes." Cold and hard. I heard the words front the other end of the conversation. My world was shattered that day. I crippled to the floor and started crying. The world would be different without him. My brother. I was brought to the scene of the accident and I saw him. Hurt bleeding profusely. The amount of blood on the road was almost too much. A brutal hit and run incident.

[End Of Dream.]

I woke up in tears. Sweating. Eyes bloodshot. Not again. Another dream?

Go back to sleep Immelia. Nobody can know.