Chapter 15

Immelia - Chapter 15

"I've gotta go. It's getting late. Can I bring home Ian's guitar?" Zoe asked. I nodded holding up the guitar case. Tomorrow was a beautiful Sunday morning. I think I'll sleep in. I sent zoe to the door and went upstairs for a shower. I got dressed in a simple grey t-shirt and shorts. Autumn is nearly here. I need to shop for new clothes. I got into bed and slowly drifted off into Lala Land.
DING DONG...
The horrible sound of my doorbell rang... Great... It's 7:49. I wanted to sleep in... I walked downstairs with my hair in a horrid mess. "Yello?" I said sleepily opening the door. "Hey M. Green Tea Latte?" I heard Joe's voice. "Thanks Joe. Come in." I said taking the cup from him. "Hold on a sec. Make yourself at home." I said running upstairs. I quickly washed my face, brushed and flossed my teeth and put on some bubblegum pink lip stick. I threw my hazel hair into a messy top-knot bun and walked downstairs. "Hi Joseph!" I restarted my hello. "Hello Immelia!" He said giving me a hug. I sat at the counter pouring my cereal into a bowl. "Joe, I want to go shopping later, okay?" I asked putting a spoon of bananas and blueberries in mouth. "Only if you film a taste test video with me later." He said smirking. "Fine. Let me change first." I said faking a sad. We both started laughing. I finished my cereal and Green Tea Latte in no time. Then I walked upstairs and got changed into a white t-shirt and a pink fuzzy hoody and a pair of floral jeans. I left my hair a it was and walked downstairs with my phone, wallet and keys. "You look pretty today miss." Joe said jokingly. I laughed as I opened the door. We walked out and waited for the lift. "I'm buying some clothes. Are you buying anything for autumn?" I asked smiling. "Food. For the video and maybe boots and a new jacket?" He said and we got into the lift. "Can I help??" I asked with puppy dog eyes. "Only if I can help you too!" He said pinching my cheeks. We both laughed. When we reached ground floor, we both got out and waved a taxi. We went to the biggest mall in London. Yay! Shopping! We got out of the taxi and I jumped for joy. We walked in hand in hand. First store wen went into was Top Shop. Of course! We went through all the racks. I pulled out the ones I liked and asked Joe, "This one?" I ended up with one jacket, two sweatshirts, two jumpers and four t-shirts. I walked to the counter and paid for them. Joe stretched his hand out. "What?" I asked. "Surprising, you carried your own shopping bags." He said smiling. "Zoe doesn't, does she?" I said holding his hand. Just then my phone rang. I walked to the side and picked up my phone. "Hello? Immelia?" I heard Raci ask. She was my blood sister, and the only person I talked to from my family. "Yeah?" I asked as the tension between our call tightened. "Mum wants to speak to you." Cold and hard I heard her words. I fell silent. Joe was standing beside me gesturing 'what?'. I just shook my head. My body finally reacted and I put down the phone. I was not going to talk to the woman who left me in that situation on the streets.