Chapter 3

Immelia - Chapter 3

It was such a fun day! Joe showed me some interesting videos and I got to know so much more about him! I was laughing until my cheeks hurt. He was hilarious! One of the best days ever!

I get home and slump onto my bed smiling. It had been such a great day... I finally got up and took a shower. It was around 3pm and I walked downstairs for a snack. I opened the cupboards and there was no crackers. My brain went 'you forgot to buy crackers, didn't you.' I rolled my eyes and grabbed my wallet, keys and phone. "Ugh.." I said to myself. I walked to a nearby departmental store and grabbed a box of crackers. I walked home carrying a box of crackers. When I reached home, I packed the crackers away taking one packet with me upstairs. When I opened my laptop, Zoe was blasting me with notifications on Facebook. I picked up my house phone and dialed her number. "Hello? Zoe? Can you please stop blasting my news feed on Facebook? My room walls are shaking..."

"Oops sorry!"

"It's okay! How life?"

"It's fine! I'm getting on fine without Sam!"

"Good thing! You wouldn't want him back."

...

We chatted for another hour about girls stuff.

"Immelia? Can me and my brother come to your house for dinner? I don't feel like cooking."

"Sure. See you at 7:30, my place." I blurted out.

Omg. Omg. Omg. They're coming for dinner. I searched up recipes for delicious beef stew and a strawberry-sprite concoction. I was planning to serve the beef stew with rice. Seemed like a more different thing to serve. More Asian. But hey! It seemed so delicious! I took my car keys and drove to the nearest grocery store. I parked my car in the last parking lot and ran into the grocery store to get the ingredients. As I was picking up the rice, my phone rang, it was Joe. "Hello?" I said curious to know what was going on. "Hey Immelia, can Alfie come for dinner too?" Omg. I can't say no, can I? "Um sure! See ya later!" I say unwilling to get anyone upset. I take a glance at the time. It was just about 5:30pm. I grab the rest of the ingredients and paid for them at the cashier. It turned out much cheaper than I expected! Only £27.20! I packed the items snugly into the back seat of my car. I had to get home as fast as possible. I had ice-cream in the back.

As soon as I walked in the door, I threw the sprite and strawberries in the fridge and the ice-cream in the freezer. I let the beef thaw out for a bit as I chopped the carrots, onions and potatoes. I grabbed 2 pots one for the rice, one for the stew. Once the beef thawed out, I threw it into the pot together with the onions, carrots and potatoes. I added water and soy sauce and put the lid back on. I washed the rice twice like my mother use to teach me and put it into the pot together with some water and covered it too. Both the stew and rice would take some time to cook so I might as well make the drink. I grabbed some fancy tall glasses from the cupboard and a blender from another. I blended the strawberries and sieved it out of the seeds. I poured some sprite in each glass and added the strawberry puree. I had made some brownies 2 days ago so as I shove the 4 glasses of drinks into the fridge. I took out the brownies. I heated them up and put each slice on a plate to serve later with the ice cream. I tasted the stew it was perfectly cooked. I took out the rice and packed it into a bowl. I upturned the bowl on a plate and the rice came out a perfect dome shape. I served the stew on the rice. I set the table and added some napkins. I laid out the food and drinks just as the door bell rang. I quickly re-tied my hair and opened the door. "Hi!" I said happily.