Chapter 18

Joe - Chapter 18

"JOE! I FORGOT ABOUT THE ORPHANAGE!" I heard Immelia scream from the kitchen.

"Got it!" I shouted back as I ran into our closet and got her a pair of jeans and a sweater. I took her violet high top converse and ran to the bathroom and hung it on the door knob as she dried off her hands.

"Thank you!" she said kissing me on the cheek. I sat on the couch and took my laptop and keys. The orphanage. Samuel! We played basketball together!

"Come on!" what you waiting for Joe?"

"Coming!" I yell running to lobby. We get into the car and drive to the orphanage.

"Maggie! I'm so sorry-"

"Save it Immelia. We got your replacement." Maggie the manager of the orphanage said pointing to a middle aged blonde woman in the conner of the room.

"Maggie, I told you I was shifting."

"Take your boyfriend and leave."

Immelia walked up to that middle aged woman and said. "Have a good life. You took the one thing that mattered the most to me. Congrats." I saw glistening beads of tears flow down her cheeks.

"Joe?"

I looked down.

"Sam?"

"I want you and Immelia to stay.. Rosie doesn't know how to play basketball."

"We'll meet again okay?" I said giving him me and Immelia's number.

"Call if you want to play basketball."

Immelia hugged me as I felt her tears spill on the back of my shoulders. "Come on.. It'll be fine." I said patting her back slightly.

"Immelia? Can we play basketball later?"

She dried off her tears and turned towards Sam. "Sure darling!" She hugged him. "But now I've got to go." She said as we got into the car. "Bye Sam!" She shouted waving from the window.

Right after we took the right turn, she burst into tears. I park the car in a nearby lot. I pulled Immelia in for a hug. Again, I felt her tears run down the back of my shirt. "M. Let's escape drama for a bit. Why don't you bring me back home. To your true home."

"Australia." I heard a muffled voice from my shirt.

"Yeah.. There."