Chapter 7

Immelia - Chapter 7

A few days after that dinner, I decided to book a flight back to Australia. Today I was going to the airport. I was in a white v-neck t shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. I was in a cab. I texted Zoe and Joe the following.

Dear _____,

I'm going back to Australia for 2 weeks. I'm going to visit my brother's grave. His 3 year death anniversary is coming. See you soon!

Love,

Immelia Rachel.

Once I reached the airport, I checked in and dropped my luggage off. I got into the plane and into my seat. I had brought along my laptop and Smosh hoodie. I got a text from Zoe.

Zoe'a text.

Wait. 2 weeks? Ugh. I hope I'm as strong as you m.

Haha. :) I smiled. "Hey um is this seat seat 21b?" I heard a voice. I looked up from my phone to only see a handsome young man. Around his 20s "Yes." I replied. He took a seat down and look at me deep in concentration. "Are you Immelia Rachel?" He asked.

"Yeah. How did you know?" I asked shocked.

"Immelia, it's Kyle!"

"Ian's best friend?"

"Yes!"

"Omg. I didn't know you were in the UK."

"I wasn't. I was crossing over."

...

It was a nice chat. I could be who I truly was. Kyle was my brother's best friend. Even though they were very different individuals, they just clicked.

"I remember he used to always tell people 'I don't let hair color or any other features define my relationship as a brother to this little girl.' He was the best brother." Kyle brought up.

"He was my only brother." I corrected. Even thought I had hazel hair and he had sandy blond hair, he never let anyone define a brother sister relationship that way. He was strongly against bullying and abuse. He is my role model ever since I was 7. He taught me everything I know. To perceiver, to be true. To never change something that you are for other people. He was everything you could ever want in a brother.

When the flight ended, I hopped off the plane and went to pick up my luggage. Once I did, I went to catch a taxi to the hotel. Since I already changed the currency. I checked into the hotel and got to my room. I got changed into a black fluffy dress and cardigan. I put on my black heels and put my cell phone, wallet, room keys, tissues and everything else I needed into a black purse. I then grabbed the bunch of flowers I had prepared and walked to the lift lobby. People were looking at me like I was a looney or something. But when I got into the life there was only the guy who delivered luggages. "Going for a funeral?" He asked out of the blue. "Nah. Going to put flowers at my brothers grave." I say sighing. "I know how that feels. Every 22 November I go put flowers on my wife's grave." He replied. Woah... "I'm so sorry." I said pushing the door open button when we reached the first floor. "Thanks ma'am." He said politely. I walked out after him. I took a cab to the graveyard. I got out and searched for my brother's tombstone. Row 3 stone 29. I sit in front of my brother and say "you had taught me to live. To enjoy living. I love you. Ian Jameson. My brother. " as tears fell from my eyes, I placed the flowers on his grave. "I love you..." I mumbled. Then, I ran. I ran like a coward in a bull fighting arena. I couldn't bare the pain. The pain of felling that same feeling I felt when he left. I felt alone. I felt empty. He may not be my blood and bone brother. But he treated me like I was his sister. I was abandoned. Left on the streets. He nurtured me. Taught me everything I know. I love him.

My hair flew with the wind. My tears ran pass my temples to my ears. I could not take back time. I wanted to. He left this earth way too early. Way too early. I felt... I felt.

I fell to the floor. Eyes bloodshot. Flowers in my hair. Tears kept rolling like strings of pearls flowing non-stop. I was being too strong. I needed to break down. This was my breakdown.