Chapter 17

Chapter 17 - Immelia

-6 months later-

"Careful Joe! That's the box with my prized garden dwarfs!"
"Really?" He said chuckling.
"No" I said laughing. We were moving in together. Joe and I. We carried the last of the boxes into our new and bare apartment. "What now?" I ask jokingly. "Lets get our furniture. I want a couch!" Joe said laughing. I put my hair up into a messy bun. Showing parts of the neon yellow highlights Joe wanted in my hair. "Lets go then. I want a comfy bed!" I said getting my phone and wallet. "M, do you know what day it is?" Joe asked as we got into his car. "What day is it?" I ask.
"It's our anniversary silly!" He said playfully nudging me.
"Moving on our anniversary? What a coincidence!" I said buckling my seat belt. We went to Ikea first. Our go-to furniture shop. We strolled around looking at the couches, which were Joe's number one priority. Our hands slowly intertwined with each other. We finally settled on a white leather couch. Next we went to the beds section. We decided on a king sized bed with a simple bed frame. White. To match our classy theme. Then we chose out bed sheets. We had simple ones like turquoise and pastel pink to classic ones like floral or stripe. We basically bought the whole bedding section. After strolling around for a bit, we finally got everything we wanted. We paid for everything and went back home. The furniture was going to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. We drove back to our apartment, when we got home, it was about 12 pm. I went to the kitchen and made pancakes. I felt like eating pancakes. And Joe had to deal with pancakes or he could starve. Just kidding. I plated up the pancakes and shouted "Joe!" I could not hear a reply. I walked to our room and I see him sitting cross legged on the wood floor surfing the web on his lap top. "Joe? Lunch is ready." I say to him.
"Wait a second."
"If you don't come out in the next minute, I'll eat your pancakes." I said walking to the counter. Sure enough, he came running after me. We stoop up against the wall eating pancakes together. Family bonding! We talked about some stupid stuff while eating once we were done, I put the plates in the sink and started washing them.
Suddenly, our door bell rung. I rushed to the door with soapy hands and opened it. Zoe was standing at the door holding a bag of cookies. "Hey!" she said. "Hi!" I said happily. I invited her in and continued washing the dishes. I think she went to talk to Joe. I dried my hands and went to see them. I open the door to my room to see them having a foot war. "You guys!" I say laughing. "Oh, hi M. we weren't having a foot fight or anything like that." Joe said. "I'm sure you were." I said waking in carrying a box to our closet. once I was in the closet, I packed Joe's clothes into one half of the closet and my clothes into the other. I packed our shoes on the carpeted floor under our clothes. I packed my make up and hair products into the dressing table in my half. Just then, I heard a knock on the closet door. "M? I need to talk to you." Zoe said.
"Yeah?"
"Me and Alfie just started dating."
"Omg! Yays!Have you told your viewers?"
"We want to sort of keep it a secret.."
"You're going to have to tell them someday.. You know?"
"Yeah. Just not now.."