You're Under Arrest

John's POV (From the end of 'Run, Karkat, Run')

My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me into the living room where he threw me down to the floor. He kicked me in the stomach multiple times which hurt like hell because I hadn't eaten in a few weeks. When he saw it hurt me, he kicked harder. I tried to hit his legs, which was a horrible idea. My dad's eyes flashed with anger as he pulled me up to his face.

"Bad idea, Johnny-boy." He said, flashing his yellow teeth. He dragged me to my room and threw me onto my bed. Memories from the past week flooded my mind. My dad saw my reaction and said "Oh, no I'm not going to do that again." He then pulled out some rope and tied my hands to the bedposts. Then he did the same to my legs. He kept me there for what felt like hours. He returned with a bottle of beer. He chugged the beer and smashed it on the bed right next to me. He examined the broken bottle and pulled up my shirt. I tensed up trying to avoid the sharp object.

"Police! Open up!" A male voice yelled at the front door, banging on it. My dad stopped short, the bottle less than an inch away from my stomach.

"Hello! Open the door!" The police officer yelled again. I took my opportunity and yelled out.

"Help! He's hurting me!" My dad look at me with an intense anger. I heard splintering wood and sure enough, the officer was in my room in less than a minute. He saw my dad and slowly approached, pulling out his gun.

"Sir, step back from the boy." The police officer demanded.

"Go away!" My dad yelled, stepping away from me and swinging the broken bottle.

"Sir, calm down." The police officer took a step closer.

"I said go away!" My dad swung at the police officer.

"Sir!" The police officer pulled out his handcuffs and took a few more steps towards me. He quickly untied me and said "Go outside, there are officers outside waiting for you." I ran outside to the cops and a female cop came up to me.

"Hello, I'm Deputy Harley. Are you John Egbert?" The woman had long black hair and green eyes.

"Yes. Can you tell me who called the police?" I asked. I had a feeling it was Karkat, but I needed to know for sure.

"Yes, someone named Karkat Vantas." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Did he say where he was?" Deputy Harley offered to give me a ride which I accepted. I can't wait to see him.

Karkat's POV

I woke up to Abby sitting on my legs staring at me.

"What the fu-!" I yelled.

"Shhhh! Amy's still sleeping." She whispered.

"Why - what are you doing?" I said

"Waiting for you to wake up. What do you want for breakfast?" She chirped, jumping off of my legs and walking into the kitchen. She was still wearing her pajamas, which were grey sweatpants and a t shirt that said "I'm not fat, I'm FABULOUS" in sparkly pink letters. I chuckled at her outfit and looked at the clock.

"It's 10:53 AM! Why's Amy still sleeping?" I exclaimed, following Abby into the kitchen.

"I dunno. I'll wake her up and ask her if you want me to." Abby responded, her eyes glistening with mischief.

"No, it's fine." I said, trying to avoid an angry Amy, since I'd witnessed her reactions to Abby's antics yesterday. I plopped down on one of the spinning chairs. Abby pulled out a box of Cookies and Cream poptarts and a box of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough poptarts. (A/N It's a real flavor)

"Which do you want?" Abby asked, pulling out a packet of Cookies and Cream for herself and stuck one into the toaster and started eating the other one.

"I'll have Cookies and Cream." Abby nodded.

"Wise choice." She said, taking out a packet for me and putting the other box back "I only buy the others because Amy loves them." Her poptart popped up and she put in mine. "So, Karkat, Amy told me that you told her that you came out to your parents and they kicked you out. Now, I know that's not true, but shouldn't you call your parents and tell them where you are? They must be worried." She said, bringing out a serious side in her.

I shook my head. "I don't have parents."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Did they die?" She said apologetically

I shook my head. "No. Well, it's hard to explain." A look of remembrance washed over her face.

"Oh, yeah, I know how you were born. It was mentioned in Homestuck." Unfortunately for Abby, Amy started walking down the stairs. She ran over and smacked her arm.

"FOURTH WALL, GODDAMMIT" She screamed. I laughed at the sight. Two girls, one wearing sweatpants and a t shirt, the other wearing shorts and a long shirt that said "I'm a high functioning sociopath" which I recognized from Sherlock, standing in the kitchen and the much shorter one smacked the tall one. You could tell they were related.

"Ugh, fuck the fourth wall. It's already gone. I was talking to Karkat about yesterday." Abby growled, rubbing her arm.

"Oh, shit." Amy suddenly cursed.

"What?" I asked.

"Abby, Jade's coming over today. How are we going to explain this?" Abby turned white.

"Uh oh." She said.

"Who's Jade?" I asked.

"My girlfriend." She responded, pacing.

"You're gay?" I asked, puzzled.

"No, I'm bisexual." She answered, still pacing.

The doorbell suddenly rang. Abby gasped and I answered it.

"Karkat!"

"John!" I hugged him. "Oh my god, are you okay? What'd he do? How'd you get here?"

"I'm okay. After you left, he beat me and brought me to my bedroom and tied me to my bed. He left me there for a few hours and came back with a beer bottle and he- he tried to kill me. But, thanks to you, the cops showed up and one of them drove me here. She actually knew the house." The cop walked up to the house and Abby immediately recognized her.

"Jade! Hey!" Abby ran up to the woman and kissed her.

"IM SO ALONE!" yelled Amy. We all laughed. I held John close to me and I heard him whisper

"I'm so in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N Hey guys! I had to get John out of there. I was going to kill John's Dad but I didn't........ yet.

Oh, I don't actually have a girlfriend since I'm still in the closet, haha. The book isn't over, by the way. I have more ideas.

Dave still exists, remember?

Haha, I'll leave now.

Love ya, my Fandom Kids!
Abby

1153 words!