Um, Well, This Is Something

*edited*
I slowly got up in pain and Karkat rushed over to help me. I waved him off and ran out of the building.  (A/N Shut up. I know you're gonna comment 'If he just got beat up, he can't run.' Well, it's my fucking story and I'm gonna do what I want with it.)

Fuck my life.

Karkat's POV

When Dave showed up, I stayed away. He started to beat up John and I felt anger building up inside me. I will kill that boy. I will fucking kill that awful excuse for a human being. (A/N just to be clear, Dave is the awful excuse. KK bye) When John tried to get up, I rushed over to help him, but he shooed me away. He then ran out of the building.

*After school*

On my way home, I started thinking about John. I hadn't seen him since his daily beating. About halfway home, I hear sniffling to my right. I turn around and in the bushes I see John. "Oh my Jegus, John, are you okay?" I said, almost tripping over myself to get to him. I helped him up and the bruises from today were visible. But, there were some fresh ones, too. "John" I whispered tracing my pale gray fingers over his purple- blue bruises. "What happened?" John drew in a shaky breath and told me.

"While I was running, I wasn't really thinking. I ran home, expecting to see my mom" John had to stop there and breathe deeply, as if trying not to cry. "When I was little, my family was picture perfect. Then, my dad found achohol. He would come home, drunk, and beat me and my mom. Soon, he wasn't even drunk when he did it. When I was 14, I realized that I was gay. I was terrified to tell my family and when I got the courage, I chickened out. (A/N BTW, this is from my experience from trying to come out to my parents. Though, they were loving and caring. ) Later on, I finally mustered up the courage and did it. My mom was loving and caring, but my dad... he exploded and said that he did not raise a faggot. He wanted to kick me out, but my mom said that I should stay. Then, one day, my dad got extremely drunk. He's an angry drunk and when he got home... he went up to my mom and called her a bitch, a slut and every single bad thing you can call a woman. Then, he... he picked her up and slammed her onto the floor. He repeated that again and again... until she was dead. I watched the whole thing. I was paralyzed with terror. After she was dead, my dad passed out. When he woke up, sober, he cried over her body and blamed me. He didn't kick me out, because my mom wanted me to stay. Last night, he- he raped me. When I got home today, he beat me. And so I left. And here we are now." John finished, crying now.

"Hey, it's okay." I said and pulled John into a hug. "T-thanks." He cried, sobbing now. When he was done crying, I looked him in the eyes. "I will never let anyone hurt you ever again." He just smiled and nodded. Jegus, he's cute. "Because, because.." I said.

"Yes?" John said and looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"Because, goddammnit, John!" I said and, I , well.

I kissed him.

———————————————————————————————————–

A/N *squeals and claps hands like a retarded seal* FINALLY THEY KISSED!!! What do you think? Is John's backstory too sad? Tell me in the comments. Well, goodnight, cuz I'm as tired as fuck.

Love ya, baes!

  Abby