the boy that

You tell me that you can't see the beauty inside yourself
I tell you to look a little longer because I promise it's there if only you tried a little harder it would become clear to you
You ask me who am I to tell you how to see
Now I try to explain to you who I am by just using words because I am the boy who hangs onto every last one of yours. I am the boy who has tucked away every smile you've ever thrown in my direction. I take them out of the file cabinet of my memory and play them back when I get sad. I am the boy who holds your shoes when you dance in the rain with the man of your dreams who coincidently is the same one who haunts me in my nightmares am the boy who has laughed at every joke you've ever told while everyone else just said you weren't funny. I am the one who drove out in the middle of the night to pick you up from the side of the road when that man of your dreams broke your heart. I am also the boy who broke his nose just to even the scales again. I am the boy who drops hints like Hansel dropped breadcrumbs but mine are never found I am the boy who can really tell you that you're beautiful because I am the boy who has seen you when you were not. Because there are times when you weren't, and there will be times again when you aren't but I am the boy who can look past all that because I know you. I am the boy that knows you second best, second to only yourself because I am the boy who has been there from the beginning and will be there at the end. Because I am the boy who loves you, and goddamn it I should be the boy of your dreams.
You stand there speechless
Then the doorbell rings and I hold open the door for the next man of your dreams.