Chapter 128~!

Alice's POV~

No. No, no, no! Not Taleah! How could she get mixed up in this? This is the worst day ever!

"Say hello, dearie," Oliver said kindly, but she looked up at me with big, fear-filled eyes. "Oh, come on, don't be shy."

"Fine, you can take my blood!" I said loudly as I glared at him and stood. "Whatever, I don't care. You have to let her go, though. Unharmed and none the wiser."

"Alice, don't!" England said while trying to sit up more, but it had to hurt because he couldn't do it.

"Oh, splendid!" Oliver cheered while throwing his arms up in the air. "I just knew I could count on you, Oregon, I just knew it!"

"Come here, Taleah," I said, kneeling on the ground and opening my arms to her. She rushed into them, trying very hard not to cry. I untied her hands and freed her mouth before hugging her tightly. "Shh, it's okay..."

"Well, what reason is there to wait?" Oliver said brightly, beckoning for me to come forward. "Let's go, we have work to do."

I cast England a quick glance; his expression was hard to read. He seemed angry, but also understanding and... sad. I mouthed "I'm sorry" to him, and he nodded discreetly. Then I turned back to Oliver. "Okay, so you just need to draw a little of my blood and then we'll be allowed to leave, isn't that right?"

2pEngland didn't respond verbally, instead he ushered in who could only be Germany's second player. He was the same build as the Germany I knew, but this one had a long scar on his cheek and his eyes were a different color, almost purple. He ignored me and brushed by, hauling England out of the bed like he was a ragdoll.

"Unhand me, you big brute! I swear to God you'll be sorry to be the one who made the mighty British Empire angry!" England hollered, struggling as best he could despite the agony I knew he was in. He was slung over 2pGermany's shoulders like a sack of potatoes and carried out of the room before I had much time to call out or react.

"Oh, silly me! I almost forgot to do the introductions. Alice, say hello to Adolf, he's the Germany from my world." Oliver led me out of the room by my elbow and down the hallway, down the stairs to the first floor, and then down the hallway on the ground floor to a room that was somewhat out of the way.

Adolf merely grunted a quick "Hello" without turning around, and I didn't reply. England was a bit more resigned, probably waiting for a chance to break away at a better time. Taleah held a tight grip on my hand and clung close to my leg as we walked. Arthur and I shared a look and glanced away from each other.

"I believe I forgot to mention something," Oliver said after Adolf went in and we had yet to enter the dark room.

"And what would that be?" I asked skeptically.

"Oh, well, we must work on that tone of yours. But what I wanted to tell you was this: the blood has to be fresh every day. It looks like you'll be staying quite a while with us. Won't that be fun?"

"Eh? What?" I shrieked before he shoved me inside and I stumbled, falling to one knee.

~~~

'The attack was on Saturday, he was supposed to call Sunday morning at the latest, and yet it's already Monday night' Canada thought broodily as he sat at his desk, Kumajirou and Ko both sitting in his lap and napping. The night sky outside was stormy, threatening lightning and thunder in the distance. "Must be because of America's mood," he said to himself, staring out the window boredly.

Why hadn't they called yet? Honestly, it would put a lot of people's minds at ease if they knew what was going on. If only their phones would pick up, he'd called Alice's a dozen times just to be told monotonously that she was out of range. Maybe he should try agai-