Chapter 136~! (El Día de la Reunión part dos)

I couldn't believe it, that was too much to bear. I just watched my uncle get stabbed brutally multiple times and then dropped down a hole in the floor so he could fall onto the East Coast from the West. I think I saw Matthew looking at me when I lunged forward despite being caught in Jasper's arms, but I couldn't have been sure.

But Arthur's face was stuck in my mind along with his message to me before he disappeared.

'RUN!'

Does anyone remember that Swiss army knife I'd had in my bag when I first ran away from Martin, wayyy back in the beginning? Well, I'd kept it on my person for that entire time, ever since I escaped, and it had somehow slipped past the 2ps' inspection while I was unconscious upon my arrival home. My arms were pinned to my sides, but I still had access to the pocket of my artfully torn jeans.

'RUN!'

I guess now was as good a time as ever.

It was a very smooth motion, but at the time it felt like I was the clumsiest fool in the entire world. I drew the weapon out of my pocket and flipped it open before stabbing it into Jasper's arm without mercy. However, nothing happened. There was no exclamation of pain, no releasing me, and no satisfaction whatsoever. That's when I realized I'd opened my army knife to the screwdriver and not a knife.

'Fuck...'

Jasper chuckled darkly. "Thought you would run away so easily? Jeez, you must think of us as complete idiots!"

"Bring her over here, we need to awaken Christophe now," Oliver said with a little beckon with his hand.

'I could really use some of that American strength right now~!' I thought in a sing-songy voice as Jasper picked me up and set me down where I needed to be standing. 'Poisoning is still in effect, strength isn't working so well... I guess I'll just have to combine what I have.'

Allen smacked the utility knife out of my hand and let it clatter to the floor before pocketing it himself. Before Arthur could grab my wrist and hold it out over the circle, though, I felt something building in my nose. What, a sneeze? What the hell, why now?

I soon found out. "Ah... CHOO!"

It was a concussive force, one that knocked everyone off their feet except for me. A dust ring billowed out from me, the epicenter, and settled at the edge of the room all around as the 2ps groaned and tried to get up despite their confusion.

'I don't know what that was all about, but okay then!' I thought with glee as I turned tail and zipped up the steps, taking them two at a time. The shouts behind me didn't come until I was already at the front door and opening it. Adrenaline pumped through my veins and burned them like wildfire, but it kept me going so I went, baby! Down the porch, over the railing, across the lawn, and-

"Hello~o~!" a voice I recognized called from the edge of the lawn as she stepped across the circle of dead grass that surrounded the property (that ring was what displayed where the magical barrier was). "I'm ba~ack~!"

OH. MY. GOD.

It was a me! But not me! Ruby eyes, black hair, tanner skin, but it was... me! That was Erika, without a doubt.

She caught sight of me from where she stood just inside the barrier; I stared back at her from just outside the barrier. Then I remembered what I was doing and tore into the dense forest that branched off from one side of my house and continued to grow thicker and larger as it traveled along the riverbank. Erika screamed for the others to get here and catch me, but I was surprised that she didn't go after me herself.