Chapter 133~!

I walked back up the stairs the day after Jasper's "little" threat, my hair swinging at my mid-back. 2pChina was up and about while Arthur was unconscious yet again, slung over 2pGermany's shoulder. I counted silently on my fingers to give me something to do; four were awake, and three were left. Four days had gone by, and I still hadn't had the chance to try and make my escape. England was a liability, but there was no way I'd leave him behind. Even if they couldn't kill him, there were things worse than death, honestly.

Trust me.

"Make good choices!" Oliver called to the retreating backs of Jasper and Allen, who both ignored him and climbed into a blue Jeep I hadn't seen before.

"Where did that Jeep come from?" I asked. "And where are they going?"

"They're going hunting, poppet," he explained with a cryptic smile.

I brushed it off and turned my head to the left, looking to the river that ran right by my house. Then I glanced up at the bright sunlight glaring down upon everything. 

Ping! (That's the sound of a lightbulb going off over my head, just so you know.)

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, Oliverrr~?" I said sweetly, my hands clasped in front of my shirt. "Can I go swim in the riverrr~? Pretty pleeease~?"

He pursed his lips and looked at the river, then back at me. He smiled. "If you can find someone to go with you, I don't see why not. Did we buy you a swimsuit, though?"

"Yup! Thanks!" I took off back into the house and found Carlo in the living room. "Heyyy~ Carlo, will you please come with me down to the river?"

"No, I don't think so," he replied tightly without taking his red eyes off of his fashion magazine. 

"Why not~?"

"Because you ashamed me with-a what you bought yesterday," he replied, turning a page. I pouted and walked away, my Black Butler necklace jingling as an ironic reminder.

 I found Adolf sharpeining his knife collection and decided not to ask him, besides I didn't know if he hated me or anything like that. Jasper and Allen were gone, I was hesitant to ask Akui, and Mao just woke up (I didn't know him, either!). Did that leave anyone else? Darn...

I felt a light, timid tap on my shoulder and turned my head to the side to look at who had grabbed my attention. It was 2pPrussia! He gestured to the river by jabbing a thumb in the direction it was in, and then he pointed to me and himself. My eyes lit up as I caught his message. 

"You'll let me go to the river?" I asked excitedly. He nodded, his long hair falling in front of his blue eyes. I squealed happily and raced up the stairs to get my swimsuit and change in the bathroom. "Thank yooou~!"

~~

"Woooo!" I yelled as I ran down the well-known footpath down to the bank of the river, Freddy was right behind me, a book in his hand. Climbing to the top of a large rock that projected out over a deep area, I cannonballed and looked at my underwater surroundings. The fish were swimming away from me in a hurry, but the sunlight cutting through the water and hitting the ground below lit everything up in the most beautiful way. I resurfaced and flipped my hair back, grinning. "I love the river, you don't have to worry about chlorine getting in your eyes!"

Frederick sent me a wan smile and turned a page in his novel. I swam a little closer to him and watched him for a moment, looking for anything like the Prussia I knew that I could recognize in this one. Not much... Other than the hair color, they were total opposites.

"Hey, Freddy?" I asked, and he looked up. "Can you speak and choose not to, or are you mute? Er-! That is, if you don't mind me asking..."

He smiled wanly again and put his hand against his throat while shaking his head.