Chapter 43

***********Harry's P.O.V************

I run back up to the room, slamming the door. I look down at the photo that she threw in the floor. Laying in its broken glass. I pick up a notepad and pen off the table, then start writing.

***********Emma's P.O.V***********

"One please," I show the receptionist my ID. She nods and hands me a key,

"Aren't you that boy's girlfriend?" She squints at me. I nod, give her a plastic smile, and head to my room. I throw my bag onto the rusty bed, this is the second time I've rented out a motel. My phone chimes with an alarm, I pick it up to see the date I set. I need to get an appointment at a... lady doctor. What are those even called? Harry and I were planning on going together. I wipe my eyes, put on a actual outfit, and make an appointment at a doctor's office.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Emma Sage?" The doctor calls me in. I follow her, "So how far are you along? Do you know?"

"About two months," I answer,

"Great! Do you have contact with it's father?"

"Yes," she leads me to a room, I sit on the padded chair.

"Is he here?" She pulls gloves on, snapping them around her wrists.

"No," I answer bluntly,

"May I ask why?" She turns on a monitor,

"We had a fight,"

"Oh, you really shouldn't be under stress," she starts warming up the weird gel they put on you.

"Yeah," I laugh bitterly, "I think my body can handle it,"

"You would be surprised!" She smiles, and gestures to pull my shirt up. I obey, the door creaks open.

"Hello?" A terribly familiar voice echoes through the room,

"Oh god," I groan.

"Hi, I'm Harry," he nods at the doctor then looks at me with my shirt up.

"He's the dad," I clue her in,

"Oh! Hello!" She smiles, "Not a minute too late!"

"He could've waited an hour or so," I bite my lip to keep from breaking down and throwing all these parenting magazines at him.

"Okaaaay!" She starts rubbing the gel all over my stomach. "Well, this is the first time you'll be seeing your baby! Would you like it on video?"

"Yes,"

"No,"

I glare at Harry, "Yes," I hiss, "I would like one,"

The doctor nods awkwardly and starts moving a freaky little wand over my stomach. A fuzzy picture shows up on the screen. Honestly, I can't tell what is on there.

"Okay, so it's too early to tell it's sex." She watches the screen intently, "It's got a healthy heartbeat. She points at a little blip on the screen. "That's your baby," she smiles widely. Harry watches it fondly. I can't enjoy this beautiful moment because of Harry's closeness. I can't stand him being here. How did he even get here?! Tatyana, I told her I was coming here.

"Thank you," I smile at the doctor as she wipes the goop off my stomach with a Kleenex. She hands me a DVD. Then I follow her out of the room and back to the receptionist. She smiles at me, I am so glad I paid before I went in. She hands me a bag with a pamphlet a huge bottle of pills.

"Those are multivitamins for the baby," the doctor smiles at me then calls in her next client. I start out the door, once the warm summer air hits my face Harry grabs my arm again.

"Oh my god, Harry!!" I shove him off, "Leave me alone!" I flag down a taxi just to have him high-jack it.

"I need to talk to you," he puts his hand on my knee,

"If I had anything to hit you with that I didn't need," I seethe, "You would be in some serious trouble,"

"You haven't taken your ring off," he looks down at my hand then back at me. I meet his gaze as I take off the ring and hand it back to him,

"Now I have,"

"Emma," hurt fills his eyes,

"What!" I throw my hands in the air,

"You're being unreasonable!!" He turns to face me, "That is my kid too, okay! I would get married to you anyway! What does it matter?!"

I gasp in outrage,

"I don't want my bloody kid to be a bastard!"

On that note the cab stops at the motel. I grab my bag, not before I slap Harry across the face. I stalk away from him, a red streak on his face.