Mending a broken heart *Daryl Dixon Love story*

I am Lillian James and I'm 25 years old and its been 2 months since the dead have risen to eat the living. I had been transported from my home in the woods of Georgia to the walls of Atlanta.

Since Atlanta got over run I had been staying in a small apartment scavenging what I could when I need it.

I had been sitting on my balcony over looking the destroyed streets of the city when the sound of horse hooves caught my attention.

I turn my attention to see a man  in a sheriffs uniform ridding on a horse through the streets like he owns the place.

"Dumb ass."I mumbled to my self and watched as he rounded a corner to come face to face with about a couple hundred walkers.

I sat and watched as they took down the horse with blood and guts squirting everywhere and the man slipped into the tank beside the walkers new meal. I sort of felt sorry for him but then I knew I wasn't going to let my self get attached to people not again.

I walked back to my room and grabbed a bottle of water and waited for the walkers to break through the tank and finish him off but it never came instead I watched as the dumb ass slipped out of the top of the tank and took off running down a ally.

 I shook my head and stood there watching the walkers eat the horse with blood covering there faces and the ground I shook the image from my head and looked up to see him and some Asian guy they looked over at the balcony I was standing on and I slipped back behind the wall and waited for them to leave.

I looked back and they were gone I sighed and picked up my bow and then saw a big bag of guns that said sheriff in white letters.

I smirked and slowly slipped down my balcony onto the fire escape but on of the bars broke and I fell about ten feet onto the concrete. The metal bar fell next to me making a loud sound causing all walker eyes on me.

"Fuck."I said scrabbling to my feet and ran down the ally and grabbed onto a ladder climbing fast and finally making it to the roof of my building my chest pounding and my face soaked from sweat. I laid on the ledge catching my breath until the gun shots rang through my ears I sat up to see a redneck holding a sniper rifle killing walkers on the building over.

'Good he hasn't noticed me yet' I thought until I heard more voices I slipped to where I was covered but I could still see them and sure as hell hear them it was hard to make out what they were saying but they were fighting obviously and then I heard punches being thrown and someone coughing up blood.

I tried to move my position slightly but my foot slipped and my foot hit the metal making the loud sound echo through the air.

"Damn it."I mumbled under my breath. "Who's there?"I heard a male voice shout over to me I tried to sit quiet waiting for them to leave but I heard walkers burst through the roof doors. I turned on my heels slowly seeing four ugly mother fuckers coming over to me.

I pulled a arrow from my pouch and stood up shooting it between the eyes I reloaded and and got this one in the eyes, I pulled my hunting knife from my sock and finished off the last two. I pushed my hair behind my ear brushing past my hood and stood there with my back to them until I heard a gun cock and the same man say "Turn around slowly and drop the weapons."He said in a soft but stern voice.

I still held my knife and started to turn but another one burst through the door my reactions took over and my body spun to face the walker and my wrist flicked sending the knife through its skull. "Shut the hell up."I said grabbing my knife and whipping it off on my jeans.