C5 ~ Hello, and Goodbye

It's been a little over a month since Carl and I's first kiss. He still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend so I just assumed he assumed we were already boyfriend and girlfriend or something?
I tried to ignore that topic as long as I could.

Since our kiss, Rick brought in a ton of new people, and it's been good. I think we can survive here, or at least until this is all over. We haven't had any accidents yet and I think it'll be okay for a while. But something always happens.

A bunch of people were going on a run today. They were going to this old grocery store a few miles away. I was going to ask the committee if I could go. I need to work on my skills. I haven't been in action for a while and I might be getting a little rusty.
My job at the prison was now to cook meals, watch Judith, make sure everyone was comfortable, the only person I ever really talked to was Beth, we basically had the same job and we were cell mates. I told her everything that happened everyday, she was my best friend. Carl and I in a way grew a part but we also grew closer. He's been really busy...doing...what does he do? I'm sure he does something... Oh well. You know what maybe I should go talk to him!
I put Judith down and tell Beth to go watch her. I run down stairs and see that familiar cowboy hat walking by.

"Carl!" I yell at him and he turns his head, when he sees my his face brightens. He looks around almost to make sure nobody was there, there wasn't so he walks towards my and hugs me, when he pulls back he kisses my cheek.

"You missed," I say heat rising to my cheeks

"What?" He asks generally confused.

"You missed." I state, a smiled forming on my lips as I lean in to kiss him.

Our lips connect moving in perfect harmony. I pull away and smile looking into his eyes.

I hear someone clear their throat and Carl and I both look to see Rick standing in the doorway to the entrance of the prison,

"Carl let's go," he demands almost angry. Why is he angry? Does he not like me?

Carl goes back to being gloomy again and apologizes to me saying, "I have to go." With that he walks away. Leaving me alone in the cell block.

Carl's POV
*********

I turn to face my dad and walk toward him. We walk out to the Quarry. Both of us not saying anything.

"I'm sorry," I say not really meaning it.  He turns to me and starts whisper yelling, "What did I tell you Carl? Stay away from her. I don't want you getting hurt by her!"

"So you rather you hurt me instead by forbidding me to see her!?" I yell not caring if anybody heard, "I've been suffering for weeks! I can't talk to her! You know how much that hurts me? How would you feel if you couldn't talk to Mom!? Huh!?" I yell but immediately apologize, "I-I'm sorry,"

I see my dad clench his fists angry at me, I shouldn't have said that.
"Just...just go, be with her if you want, but if you get hurt, don't come crying to me."

"Dad, I-I think I love her," I stated being careful of my words, if I said the wrong thing he'd hold it against me the rest of my life.  He pulled me into a hug, not saying anything, when he pulled away I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I decided to ignore it. "Now, go get 'em tiger." He said ruffling my hair.  I think that was his way of saying he approved of me and Hope. Even if it wasn't, I was going to be with her. 

Hope's POV

***********

I watched as he walked away leaving me alone in the cell block.  

"Hey, Hope, can you go grab the extra diapers from the car Michonne got on her run this morning, she left them in there," I heard Beth yell down to me. 

"Yeah I'm on my way now,"I say and I could hear the hurt in my own voice, but before Beth could ask me whats wrong I was out of the prison.

I saw Carl and Rick talking over my the pig pen. After I get the diapers I'll go tell rick I'm sorry, for whatever I did. I heard Carl yelling about something but the only thing I could hear was my thoughts. Maybe he's yelling because walkers were piling up again, it defiantly wouldn't be about me.

I grab the diapers and start heading over to Rick and Carl. I see their yelling at each other and decide not to go right now. I was only a few meters away from them and was about to start walking away when I heard Carl say, "I think I love her."  

My eyes widened my heart felt heavy. I couldn't breath. I started running, as fast as I could, I ran right into the prison and fell to my knees. He couldn't be talking about me, but who else could he be talking about. He had to be talking about me. It would make so much sense. Thats why he was mad at his dad. His dad must not approve of us. Thats why he's been ignoring me. It al made sense now. Thats why whenever I wasn't with him he looked sad. 

Carl Grimes...

he ... loves me.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N

Sooooo that was fun to write.. yeah that chapter sucks but I tried my best. 

PLUS I WANNA GET TO MY GREAT PLANS ALREADY! But that had to happen or else something in my great plans won't be as cute.  SO YAH. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll probably be updating like 5 more times today, I wanna get this story going. So the story line will be moving fast and the chapters are short but will probably get longer. Hope you liked this chapter, if you did please 

1: Vote 

2: Comment 

3: Follow me and I'll follow back! 

Thanks For Reading 

~Kayla