Since Then

Kakuzu's POV

It's been a while since (y/n) was taken back to the base and we were both enjoying life.

At the moment we are sitting by the fire at the base ((I know there's not a fire place, but I'm going to make the Akatsuki base more homely than it is)).  She is also wrapped in a blanket sitting across from me.  Know was the time to tell her I think.

"Hey, (y/n)," I started.

"Yes, Kakuzu," she answered.

"There's a dance in a village near here and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me," I asked.  As soon as I said it though, I felt stupid.  I mean, she's my girlfriend.

"Of course I'll go with you, silly.  I am your girlfriend after all," she said to me with a loving look in her eyes.  I do love that look in her eyes when she says that she's my girlfriend.  It's full of many things that I can't read, but all I need to know is she loves me and I love her.

I must have been pretty deep in thought because I didn't hear her ask me something.

"Kakuzu, hello are you in there?" she asked waving her hand in front of my face.

"W-what?" I answered.

"When is it?" she tilted her head.

"When is what?" I asked her confused.

"Did you already forget?  You know, the dance that you asked me to because I'm your girlfriend."

"Oh, it's next week."

"That's good," she sighed.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because Kisame and I have a mission at the end of this week and I would be upset if I couldn't go with you," she said with a glint in her eyes.

There's his name again.  (Y/n) has been talking about him all the time lately.  Heck, when I went to go get her from Orochimaru, she hugged me then went over and hugged fish-face.  I need to ask her what the deal is with Kisame and her because it is getting on my nerves.

"What is it with you and Kisame anyway?" I finally asked her.

"Kisame has decided that since he's my cousin ((I'm not sure if I put that in the story or not already, but if I didn't, then here it is)) and since I've always wanted and older brother... he decided that he was going to be my older brother to make sure that I was safe when you weren't around me," she told me.

Well, that all made sense now.  All it was about was Kisame wanting to be her brother.  Even though it bothered me to think that someone else was looking out for (Y/n), I could respect it.

Your POV

Wow, I can't believe that Kakuzu felt like he had to ask me to go with him to that dance in the village nearby.  Sure he most likely just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a mission to go on.

It was very sweet of him, I know that that's not what most people would describe an S-ranked criminal as.  He could not be sweeter to me.

At the moment, I'm heading to my room after a long day of training.  I laid my head down on my pillow and started to fall into the safe hands on sleep.

*dream*

"Kakuzu?" I called out.

At the end of the long hallway I was in, a door opened and light streamed out of the room and into the dim hallway.  The room seemed so warm and nice, so I walked to it.

Inside of the room, there was a desk, chair, bed, dresser, and mirror.

'What is all this?' I thought to myself.

I turned when I heard the door open again.  There I saw a little girl that looked a little like me.

"Gotta hide," she said in a high voice.

She ran under the bed and stayed quiet.  That is until I heard someone walking towards the room.

When I looked to the door once more, what I saw shocked me.  It was Kakuzu.

"Where is she?" he asked walking around the room with his hand on his chin, looking up like he had no clue.  There was a little giggle under the bed.  He bent down slowly to get the little girl excited.

"Is ...she..........under here?" he started to lift up the undercover of the bed.

Just then, he pulled the little girl out which cause her to be thrown into a fit of giggles and laughs.

"Hey, mommy," the little girl looked at me.  "What Is that face for?"

"Are you talking to me?" I asked.

"Well, you are my only mommy, right," the little girl told me.

"She's right, Hon," Kakuzu said to me as he leaned over to kiss me lightly.

It took me awhile to get used to being called 'mom' by two little kids.  Yes, there was another one, a boy who was older than the girl by 2 or so years.

I was so excited to see the little kids that were my children.  Not only my children, but also Kakuzu's.

I took my daughter up to bed and kissed her goodnight and then did the same for my son.  I couldn't be happier at that point.

That is until I woke up.

*end of dream*

I awoke with a smile on my face.  That was a very good dream.

If my future is like that, then I will never leave Kakuzu, not like I was planning on that anyway.