CHAPTER 1- Hybrid

Darkness.

That was all Jake could see and it was sucking him down continually.

He tried to move but couldn't. All he could do was let it suck him down.

Finally, it stopped.

Jake laid against a flat, soft surface. Again, he tried to move, but couldn't.

Laughter rang out as the place brightened. The entire atmosphere glowed purple.

He sighed. '' What do you want?"

The purple atmosphere turned red as a boy leaned over him smiling. ''Boo," he laughed exposing his fangs , his red eyes glistening. ''Comfortable? "

''Yeah, other than the fact that I can't move," Jake sighed, now noticing that he was on a bed. Sarcasm dripped from every word.

"Don't be mean," the other boy pouted, his fangs poking out of the corners of his mouth

"You're no fun."

Jake knew this boy and his attitude almost as well as he knew himself- well part of him anyways.
Other than the fangs and red eyes, he was identical to Jake- same height of five feet four inches, same dirt-brown hair, same build but different personalities.

You see, Jake was a hybrid. Half- vampire and half-werewolf.

His werewolf half had appeared...

There was the sound of bones cracking, then another replica of him stood cross armed next to the bed. It had transformed from wolf to human. He opened his eyes. A deep ocean of shining blue you could get lost in.
They were different from Jake's dull brown eyes.

'' Stop beating around the bush," the wolf growled menacingly.

'' Fine, fine, pup," Axel said shooing him away with his hands.

''Why am I here? Why can't I move?" Jake said glaring at them, not looking at their eyes though. That might end badly.

"You're here to talk," the werewolf said sitting on the edge of the bed.

Jake felt the bed dip at his weight. ''About what?"

"You, us, rather," Axel sighed.

"What else is new?" Jake said sarcastically. Ever since he could remember, monsters were either trying to kill him or abduct him for their own secret intentions.

"No, I'm talking about serious adversaries," he said seriously.

"Who are they?" Jake asked bored.

"Don't think of all the filth we've fought for the past 14 years," the wolf said angrily.

"But-" He and the vamp looked at each other.

"We don't know," they said in unison.

"What do they want? "

"We don't know."

"Do you two know any thing of use?"

"Isn't the fact that we warned you enough?" Axel said grinning.

"No. How do you even know this?"

"I can feel it," Axel said.

"I sense danger brewing," the other said.

"OK?" Jake responded.

"Why did that sound like a question? What do you doubt us?" the wolf growled lowly, power and dominance emanating from him.

Jake flinched and tried to move away. ''No, I- ugh- WHY AM I TIED UP!"

Axel chuckled. "So you would listen no matter what, and not try to fight us,"