Trust Me (Durarara!! Fanfiction)

The loud, bustling noises around Raira Academy obviously stated that it was the first day of the new school year, where everyone returned to their friends and the schoolwork they hated dearly. As for friends, Natsumi Narue didn't know the true meaning of "friend", since she never really had any friends. 

She walked into the gigantic school, gripping onto the strap of her backpack with her head down. Her long, dark hair kept getting in her face, having to repeatedly tucking strands back behind her ears. 

Natsumi would look around, seeing some people she knew from her old middle school, "popular" people with too much face on their makeup, the smart soon-to-be millionaires, and the druggies all blurry-eyed. Seeing all these people gave her a disgusted look on her face, feeling inferior as she always did. 

During class 

"The people here make me sick! I wanna go home..." Natsumi thought to herself, looking around helplessly at her classmates from 1A, talking and talking and talking. 

Soon enough, it was time for introductions. Students had to say their name aloud, and the thought of it made Natsumi's heart stop. 

The teacher glared at her, and her classmates started staring. Natsumi sunk down in her seat and said quickly and quietly, "I-I'm Natsumi Narue..." 

When she finished, the class gave their attention to the next kid saying their name. She sighed with relief, and sat back up in her seat, her heart slowing down. 

At lunch

Natsumi got her lunch, then sat all alone at a table. She didn't like he boisterous shoutings all over the cafeteria, but that's how it is at any school. 

"Natsumi-san! Natsumi-san!!" She turned to see the person calling her name. 

"Hey, Anri," Natsumi said politely, and a bit surprised. 

Anri smiled at her. "It's so great to see you, I didn't know we would be going to the same school!" 

She smiled back slightly. "It's good to see you too. How's it been going today?" 

Anri shrugged. "Like any other school day that's coming after, I guess. Are you going to eat that?" she asked, pointing at a piece of sushi. 

Natsumi shook her head. "No, I don't like sushi... Raw fish doesn't taste too great to me, and it doesn't settle well in my stomach. Besides, I'm not hungry anyways..." 

Anri ate her sushi. "Something wrong?" 

"No, I'm just pretty antisocial, so I don't know what to talk about, sorry." 

Anri gulped down the sushi and grinned. "It's no big deal. Do you know Mikado Ryugamine?" 

"The guy who's running class rep with you? Yeah, I suppose. Why?" 

Anri was still grinning wildly. "I saw him staring at you in class! He seems your type, he's pretty shy and quiet." 

Natsumi started blushing. "Y-you're pretty quiet too, maybe he likes you. You only open up to people you know well, but other than that, you hardly ever talk!" 

"No offense or anything, but even I talk more than you! People could say hello to you, and all you do is smile at them, instead of giving them a polite greeting. I've never seen you talk to anyone!" 

Natsumi hanged her head. "I'm an antisocial freak, I know I am... I just can't trust people...". She started rubbing her arms. 

Anri sighed. "I'm sorry, Sumi, I shouldn't yell at you, you're delicate." 

"You're just trying not to say I'm soft!" Natsumi grinned. 

Anri rolled her eyes and started laughing. "Typical Natsumi..." 

Suddenly, someone came up to them. "Hello, ladies!~ I am Masaomi Kida, and your dreams just came true!" 

"Uhm, no thanks..." Natsumi responded, not making eye contact. 

Masaomi looked at them up and down. "So Little Miss I Don't Talk is friends with a chick with an amazing chest?! What a twist!" 

Natsumi looked away and Anri started blushing, but seemed annoyed. 

Masaomi continued, "So, are you looking for a boyfriend? 'Cause I'm looking for a girlfriend, and I think I just found one." 

Anri giggled, and Natsumi started getting disgusted with all the lovey-dovey hoopla going on. 

Natsumi rolled her eyes and got up to leave the cafeteria. "You two can continue your conversation, just don't keep me in it." 

She stormed out of the cafeteria, on her way back to class.