Chapter 6

Natsumi's POV 

Saturday night

"Oh, Natsumi, you look so grown up!~" my mom cried, taking billions of pictures of me. 

Tonight for Homecoming, I was wearing a dress, the top white, and the bottom black, with sparkles on it. My hair was curled, and there was a little silver bow in my hair. I didn't want to wear makeup, but my mom insisted, so I had on a little mascara, eye liner, and white eye shadow. 

"Mom, I don't like all the pictures..." I moaned. 

She wiped her teary eyes. "These things only happen once, so we have to make the memories last!" I sighed, then my mom stopped taking pictures. "If you want, I don't have to take anymore." 

"It's not that..." 

My mom sat next to me. "What's wrong?" 

Tears started falling down my cheeks. "Mikado never asked me to Homecoming..." 

At Raira Academy, gymnasium 

I walked in the gym, and the first thing that happened was Lorella and Masaomi jumping in my face. 

"Hello, Natsumi, you look absolutely beautiful!~" Lorella was happier than usual, no wonder why...

I smiled. "Thank you, you look amazing, Lorella!" 

Lorella wore a purple dress that went to her knees, with black lining the bottom. She wore short heels, and they were a charcoal color. 

Lorella got sad. "I hope your not upset..." 

I was a little confused. Besides about not getting asked, why else would I be sad? "Why, what's going on?" 

She pointed towards Mikado. Glad to see he was here, but when people moved out of the way, I understood why Lorella thought I would be upset. 

"H-he's with Anri..." 

"Don't get too sad, it's nothing serious!" Masaomi said, trying to calm me down. 

Then I lost it. Again. 

I started laughing. "Sad?! Oh, I feel something worse than sad! When you finally feel so awesome with someone when their around, that amazing feeling, and then it's thrown away because you see the guy you like most dancing with one of your best friends!! No no no, I passed up sad long long ago!!!!" 

Lorella grabbed my shoulder. "Sumi, wait.-" 

I cut her off. "No, my night is ruined, your's isn't yet. Go have fun, I'll be fine. I didn't throw away my time to get you two together for nothing!..." 

She smiled, even though she looked upset. Lorella went off to dance with Masaomi. 

I went over to the bleachers, where I just sat for most of the night. "Some night I thought this was going to be..." I sighed, tears slipping down my cheeks. 

~~~ 

I don't get how I could be sitting here, I have for at least two hours. Lorella and Masaomi were together the whole time so far, laughing, being all cutesy, just how I thought I was going to be tonight with Mikado. But no, he asked Anri, which now tells me that he doesn't like me. He never has, he never will. This is how it was supposed to be, with me always getting the short end of the stick, and Lorella spending her night with the one she loves most. The one that I love most is on the dancefloor with my friend. I've never been so sad in my life. 

Suddenly, Anri ran up to me. "Natsumi, I won't be able to live with myself this way..." 

I rubbed my eyes. "What do you mean?" 

She pointed towards Mikado. "Mikado is the saddest person, and so are you. He won't stop murmuring things about stuff like "I should have asked her" and "I'm so stupid" and all of that. I asked Mikado, since he's class representative with me, I didn't want you to think it was a date or anything!" 

I turned my head. "How would you know if I like him or not?" 

Anri grinned. "I see the way you get around him, how you get all happy, how you get wide eyed when he just comes to see you out of nowhere... You two are actually pretty cute together." 

I looked over at Mikado again, and he was just standing there by himself. 

I smiled. "You know what? The main reason I came here was to be with the one I love most, which is Mikado, so I'm gonna make that happen." 

I started marching towards Mikado, feeling awesome.