Chapter 2

After school

~~~ 

Masaomi Kida and Mikado Ryugamine were heading out of Raira Academy after the bell rang. Masaomi walked in his usual strut-his arms behind his head almost as if he was being arrested. 

"Find any cute girls?" he asked Mikado, thinking hard about something. 

Mikado started blushing, a little shocked about the topic. "Oh, uh, sure, I guess..." 

"Really? Who?" 

Mikado got wide-eyed. "I-I'll tell you if you tell me yours!" 

Masaomi smiled. "I have a pretty long list, but the one that tops it is... uh...". Masaomi's face flushed red. "Lorella Rendet." He rolled his eyes. "She probably doesn't like me, I don't think she's even noticed me..." 

Mikado laughed. "Masaomi, I think you're in love!..." 

Masaomi's eyes fluttered. "Lorella is perfection! The way her hair sways back and forth when she walks, the cute smile she has, and when she blinks!~" Masaomi practically swooned, then snapped out of it. "Hey, are you trying to change the topic just so you don't have to tell me who you have the hots for?" 

Mikado turned red again. He muttered, "Anri Sonohara and Natsumi Narue..." 

Masaomi looked at him, shocked. "Anri Sonohara? You mean Boobylicious?". He started laughing at him, and Mikado started blushing even more. "What makes you so attracted to Natsumi?" 

"Well, she's pretty, shy, quiet, and she seems nice." 

Masaomi snapped his fingers. "It must be her butt, it has to be!" He didn't even pay attention to him. 

Mikado sighed. "Why do you seem so annoyed by her?" 

He looked up, staring at the sky. "I knew her back in middle school, seventh grade to be exact. She didn't talk to anyone about the first week, she was antisocial, socially awkward, and lived in her own world. I decided to be her friend because I felt kind of bad, and she was pretty hot back then." He paused to laugh, then continued, "To me, she was just somebody I would talk to if I had no one that would talk to me. But to her, I was her best friend. I feel bad sometimes because it makes me feel like I used her. Then suddenly in the middle of eighth grade, I stopped talking to her because people always complained that she made me 20% less cooler." 

"That's pretty harsh..." Mikado interrupted. 

He smiled. "I know." Masaomi's stomach started to growl. "Jeez, I'm starving! Talking about girls made me hungry... Not in a weird way!" 

Mikado laughed. "Yeah, suuure. Why don't we just get something to eat?" 

"I guess..." 

Mikado and Masaomi walked into a little restaurant, and sat down to order before Masaomi starved to death. 

~~~ 

Natsumi glanced over, then panicked. "Oh crap... Lorella, look who just walked in!" 

Natsumi pointed towards Mikado and Masaomi, and Lorella smiled. "Awesome! Maybe we'd hit it off, and then I'd go to Homecoming with Masaomi!~" Lorella was daydreaming, then Natsumi pretended to cough. "Oh yeah, and you would go to Homecoming with Mikado... And then Masaomi and I would be the ultimate power couple, and we would stay together forever!~" 

Natsumi laughed. "You've got your whole life planned out, don't you?" 

Lorella smiled and nodded her head. "Well, if he even likes me..." 

Natsumi looked down at the table. "I know how you feel..." 

Suddenly, footsteps came toward them. They heard a voice say, "Fancy meeting you two here!~" 

They both looked up simultaneously, seeing that it was none other than Masaomi Kida.