Chapter 11

Masaomi's POV 

The first thing I did was take Mikado to get some ice cream. If stuff like this gets girls to get over someone, it'll hopefully help Mikado. 

"You okay yet, buddy?" I asked with my mouth full of ice cream. 

Mikado closed his eyes tightly and started rubbing his temples. "N-n-no, just a brainfreeze..." 

I started laughing at him. "Hahaha! That's a good one, Mikado! You forget Natsumi yet?" 

He shook his head. "No, I can't... How could I forget her?" 

"Hmm..." I started turning around in my chair, looking around. Heh, Shizuo is here, that's kinda funny... I kept looking around, then I got up to get a girl for Mikado. 

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked her. She had blonde hair with bangs down her forehead, and it was pulled back into a ponytail. She wore a black skirt that went to her knees, a white t-shirt with a pink heart on it, a gray crop jacket, and pink sandals. 

She smiled at me, then looked me up and down. "Rei Nozomi. Why, you looking for a girlfriend?" 

I looked at her wide-eyed, then shook my head. "No, I'm flattered, but I'm trying to find my friend over there one." I pointed to Mikado. 

Rei shrugged. "I've done worse. I suppose I could..." 

I smiled. "Awesome! Do you go to Raira Academy, because I want another girl to see you." 

She nodded. "Yeah. Now let's go see your friend." 

Rei and I walked back to the table and sat down. "Mikado, this is Rei. Rei, this is Mikado." 

Mikado smiled politely. "Hello, Rei. Nice to meet you." 

She leaned forward on the table. "Nice to meet you, Mikado." 

I interrupted, "Wow, you guys are getting along great! You two would be the ultimate couple!! Now let's go to the roller rink to celebrate!~" 

Mikado looked confused. "Wait, what?!" 

"Aw, come on, lover boy! You seem like you're attracted to Rei! You guys go together great!~" 

I took their arms and ran out to the roller rink. 

Natsumi's POV 

Lorella and I are having a blast at the roller rink! I haven't gone rollerskating in years, so I'm not that great anymore... 

I held onto Lorella's arm as I was practically on the ground, sliding. "L-Lorella, I'm scared to let goooo!" 

She tried pushing me off. "Get off! You can do it by yourself!! You just gotta BELIEVE!!!~" 

I let go, standing back up. I just kept on sliding, until I nearly fell. "Oof! That was close!" 

I caught my balance, then started skating. I gasped, then turned around and looked at Lorella. "Look at me, I can still skate!!" I started laughing. 

Lorella giggled at me. "Good job, Sumi! Now show off your moves!" 

I started skating around, then stopped when I heard the doors open and close loudly. There stood Masaomi, Mikado, and some girl holding hands with him. 

Lorella came up to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Sumi, I'm sorry..." 

I just stood there, staring. "No... I was so close....." 

I took off my roller-skates, and started running towards the door in my colorful footies. 

The three of them were still standing there. Mikado looked at me like he felt bad. "Natsumi, I-" 

I cut him off, yelling at him. "I don't wanna hear it, Mikado!" I hung my head, staring at my feet. "Now I know you never felt the same way...." 

I ran into them, shoving through to get out the door. 

I stormed all the way back to that hill I was at awhile ago that made me feel peaceful, and made me happy. 

Sitting there, the same thing kept running through my mind. "I'm always running away from my troubles. If I didn't, everything would have a different turnout, and probably a better one. I don't get why I'm so stupid...."