Chapter 12

Natsumi's POV 

"I'm so stupid..." I couldn't stop thinking that. If I didn't run away when we visited Mikado, he wouldn't be holding hands with someone. I dreamed I would be that, but I'm not. I'm sad, thin, as flat as a door, have a rat's nest for hair, unattractive to everyone around me, I have soulless eyes, and I'm unhappy. It doesn't take a genius to know all of this. 

Yet again, I heard leaves crunching as someone came towards me. I looked behind me, and it was Akari holding hands with Shizuo. 

Akari whispered something in Shizuo's ear, and he nodded and walked away. "Something wrong, Sumi?" 

I nodded. "Everything... My whole life feels like it's down the drain now..... I wasted a month and a half on nothing...." 

She shook her head. "It wasn't entirely wasted! You danced with him, and you kissed him! That's probably closer than his girlfriend is gonna get!" 

I looked at her confused. "How did you know he had a girlfriend?" 

"I saw him holding hands when they walked out of the ice cream shop. I felt so bad for you...." 

"I feel bad for myself... I don't even want to look at him right now.... Hell, I don't even want to talkabout him.." 

Akari frowned. "You're too down in the dumps! Why don't we go cheer you up?" 

I shook my head. "Lorella already tried that, and look how that turned out. I don't even know anything that'll make me happy now..." 

She grinned. "How about a complete makeover, to start new!~ I'll choose everything for you, since I'll be paying for it, after all!~" 

I looked at her, scared. "Uhh, thanks for the offer, but I'm fine with just the way I am...." 

"Don't worry, I know the perfect styles for you!~ You'd look best in winter colors because of your face structure and eyes!~" She dragged me away by the hood on my jacket. 

"Nooooo! Don't hurt meeee!!!" I yelled, squirming around. 

"I''m taking you to the mall! I'm gonna make you irresistible!!~" 

"Dammit dammit dammit dammit DAMMIT!!!!" 

"It's not anything scary, don't worry!~" 

I started whining like a baby. "Why me?!?!" 

She looked back at me, still dragging me. "Do you want to bring Lorella?" 

I nodded. "It'd be nice to have someone come along that isn't INSANE!!!" 

Akari got out her phone with the hand she wasn't holding my hood with. "Humph, you don't have to say it like that..." 

I pointed at her phone. "How did you get Lorella's phone number?!" 

She started laughing. "She gave me it when I went inside the roller rink to see why you left! Don't worry, I have your's too!~" 

Akari started dialing her number while I laid half on the ground, moaning. 

Lorella finally showed up. She stared at me, freaked out. "Am I, uh, interrupting something?" 

"HELL NO! THANK GOD YOU SHOWED UP BEFORE SHE DRAGGED ME OUT TO DEATH!!!" Lorella started laughing. "DON'T LAUGH!!!!" 

Lorella stopped. "Sheesh, Sumi! PMS much?!" 

Akari finally let go, and I got up and sighed. "Fine, Akari. I'll let you give me a makeover, but don't do anything extreme like piercings all over my face and red hair. Also, I'd like a new wardrobe, because a lot of my clothes don't fit anymore." I looked down to see what I was wearing. I was wearing a dark gray hoodie, a green shirt, skinny jeans, and purple converse. It's been awhile since I got new things, I wasn't demanding or picky with my clothing. Ever since my mom and I came here, we've been low on money since her job isn't so great and coming here wasn't the cheapest thing in the world. It doesn't bother me not getting all of what I want, because unnecessary things aren't important. Nothing's important to me anymore. 

Akari smiled and nodded. "Okey dokey!~ Lorella can help me out too!" 

I looked at Lorella. "Don't give me a bad hairstyle or clothing style!" 

She got wide-eyed. "Jeez, I didn't plan on it!" 

Akari pointed forward. "Now, on our way to the mall!!!" We all started running towards the mall, and I kept getting more and more worried the closer we got.