Chapter 3

Screamers. They're everywhere. But they aren't just screamers, I wish it were that way. They're my friends and family, all of them have the disease. Everything's changed but they're eyes. They all have their eyes. I can see one close to me, it's my mother. Her blue eyes that were so pretty before, can now be described as nothing other than horrifying as I notice she's getting closer. There's one for mother, my father, my older brother that died in a car accident at 15. There's a screamer that has the eyes of my closest childhood friend. There's even one that has Dylan's hazel brown eyes. They're all surrounding me, and suddenly I realize there's no escape.

"Mom, please!"

I cry out, but she's unphased. They're getting closer now.

"Dad?! Emily!! Andrew, stop! Help, don't do this!!"

Tears are streaming down my face as they all close in. I notice one is particularly close. Dylan.

"DYLAN, don't!!!"

I sob, losing all hope as he reaches out for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with with a jolt and screamed. I was breathing heavily as I slowly realized it was a nightmare. I noticd I had been sweating all over. I caught my breathe quickly and thought about my nightmare again. It really was terrible. I knew my mom already was one, but those eyes... I shuddered. And even though my brother died long before the disease broke out, and who knows what happened to my old friend Emily, it all felt so real.

I started to wonder if maybe this dream meant something, before I quickly shook off the thought. I've never believed in things like that. It's completely illogical. I yawned, and stretched before standing up. My stomach growled loudly, and I wondered if Dylan had plans for breakfast. Speaking of Dylan..I was surprised he hadn't heard me scream. He was probably one of those heavy sleepers that was impossible to wake up.

"C'mon get up Dylan, I want food."

I spoke loudly, no sound.

"C'mon wake up, you have to feed me if you're supposed to be "protecting' me!"

I shouted. I sighed, giving up and walking across the cave to wake him.

"Dylan, come o-"

I stopped speaking quickly when I looked down. He was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooo, cliffhanger! Sorry this one's so short, but I'll probably update again later tonight, so no worries! Give me feedback please! Thanks for reading!

- Marisa <3