Chapter 13

(SKYLARS POV)

I tried to leave Dylan to his prayers, tried to ignore them, but I knew they were about me. As the wind swept his hair from his face I saw desperation in his eyes. I wanted to make him stop, I wanted to take away the hurt, more than anything, I just wanted to scream,

'I'm right here! Look, it's okay!! I'm here!'

But it wasn't, I didn't remember him at all. I didn't know where my mother was and I didn't remember going through puberty at all so you could pretty much say - it wasn't okay.

It was worse on him. I'm sure it was. It shouldn't have been, but it was. I was the one who didn't know where my family was. I was the one that went to bed in a nice cozy warm bed by the few and woke up on the cold ground in a new body with a strange boy. But it was so much harder on him. I heard him crying at night, when he thought I was asleep. I heard his desperate prayers when he thought I was distracted. And I saw his sad, longing looks when he thought I wasn't looking.

It broke my heart, seeing him so torn apart. Although I'm not quite sure why. I didn't remember caring for him, but I was sure that I had. We had to do something. After what felt like hours, I took a deep breath and turned towards him,

"I think we need to have a talk.."

I said as calmly as I could. He nodded sadly, refusing to make eye contact. I started nervously,

"I-I don't remember anything..when I woke I thought I was thirteen. It's become clear to me that I'm older, but that's what I thought. I don't know where my family is - if something happened to them or if I moved out or something I don't remember it.."

By this this time, I could feel my breath quickening, and I was telling myself to be strong as I noticed a Dylan angrily wipe a stray tear from his eye.

"A-And this body..it's new to me. I was so clumsy in it at first, I wasn't used to the length of my own legs. I don't remember getting older. And that thing that you saved me from..you knew exactly what it was.."

I whispered,

"And it was like...like I remembered it..from a dream."

He had his face in his hands. He looked up after noticing I had stopped.

"..and?"

He asked, with a broken look on his face.

"And what..?"

I asked, knowing exactly what he meant. He spoke again,

"You're leaving something out for my sake, tell me.."

I took a shaky breath, tears falling down my face,

"And..I don't remember you. Not much. I feel like I cared for you, but I don't recognise you at all. I have nightmares sometimes...and you're in them. Screaming. Running after me. I don't know why but you're always there.."

He looked hurt; like I'd torn him in two. I started to apologise but he stopped me put his hand up, gesturing for me to stop. He took a minute to collect himself, he spoke hoarsely, sounding like he was on the verge of tears,

"I..."

He choked back a sob, putting his face in his hands. A moment later he looked up and breathed deeply. I nodded encouragingly at him.

"I think..I think I need a moment."

And with that, he turned and ran. And I could hear his sobs from the moment he did. I slumped back to the ground, thinking 'Best he gets it out of his system..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OoOoOoOo did you guys like it? That chapter was longer than normal, and they're finally communicating! Now what do you guys think, should I do Dylan's POV next or stick with Skylar's? Let me know in the comments below or else I'll have to decide for myself!

Why do you think Dylan is so upset?

Like!

Vote!

Comment!

Get those reads up and the next chapter will be coming to you shortly!

- Marisa <3