Chapter 14

(SKYLERS POV)
I had another dream that night. Dylan was in it, but he wasn't screaming. We were just talking. Just sitting in the grass and talking about nothing. We were laughing a bit, I playfully shoved him every now and then, but we were just having a nice day. That's when I woke up. I had a smile on my face, and I ran to go tell Dylan. He was already awake,
"Hey, Uhm, I had a dream again with you in it. But I think it was a memory. It wasn't like helpful or anything, but we were just talking and laughing. I guess we're pretty good friends, huh?"
I laughed a bit,
"So..I'm really sorry, I know this must be tough on you..but, I think I can trust you. So maybe you can try to help me remember?"
I asked awkwardly, but he was smiling brightly. He nodded eagerly,
"Yeah! That's great.."
He said, he didn't look ecstatic, but I wouldn't either if my friend had forgotten me, and this was definitely an improvement.
"We met after...well, when we met you were alone."
He said, nervously. Why was I alone? I decided not to ask, maybe I'd remember eventually. I nodded, encouraging him to go on.
"I kind of..got you out of a dangerous situation, and I guess after that we kind of just..stuck together?"
I nodded.
"Things are different now. Harder. More..complicated. It's hard to explain without telling you everything, and some things you probably need to remember on your own.."
He said, it didn't make much sense to me, but I expected that it wouldn't. I finally answered,
"This is..a lot to take in. Can we eat now?"
I said, chuckling, hoping to change the subject. So we ate. And the day was calm, and awkward, but it felt normal almost.