Chapter 10

I'm running through the woods. But it's a stupid thing to be doing, really. Everything I'm running from is in my head. His face. Over and over and over again. His eyes are brighter than normal, they're full of worry and adrenaline. His face looks concerned, but serious at the same time. He's saying...no, shouting my name. Over and over again.

"Skylar! Skylar!!! SKYLAR!"

He's so worried, I want to answer him. But I can't, I'm so out of breathe. I'm so out of breathe and actually, I can hardly breathe at all now.. I catch sight of the hard ground below me, it was getting closer, closer, and closer still. I didn't feel myself hit the ground, it was just..dark. And I was almost grateful for the dark before his face was back. And now it was the only thing I could see. He was getting more desperate as he called out to me.

"SKYLAR! Skylar?!"

His voice got higher pitched as he called, he was desperate, and sad. I wanted to answer him..but I was so scared. His horrified, desperate, and disappointed face flickered into my vision once more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself gasping for breathe. I gulped air in gratefully, almost like...like I actually hadn't been breathing.

Then a cold rag was being pressed to my face. I heard a number of soothing, repetitive,

"Shhh" 's

My breathing slowed. I sighed and squinted my eyes open. I saw a fuzzy person in my vision. Well, maybe a couple people, either that, or if I was seeing double. Probably the latter. My vision cleared up and then I saw him. I was frozen in fear, although of what, I wasn't sure. Then he spoke. He could've said anything. Anything but this might've gotten a different reaction. But when he parted his soft lips to speak, the only word that came out was,

"Skylar?"

He said it softly, not screaming like in my dream, but in a way, it was almost worse. I lost it after that. I screamed and cried like a small child on a scary ride.

"Please no, no no no.."

I whimpered, shielding my face even though I wasn't afraid he'd hit me. He sighed and stepped back, waiting for me to calm down. I took deep breathes and tried to gather my thoughts. I wasn't even sure what I was afraid of. He kept his distance.

"Sky, it was only a dream.."

He whispered.

"Please just leave me alone for a while.."

I choked out, still crying a little. The sound of my own, broken voice surprised me. I heard a sad, but knowing sigh, and footsteps. Footsteps getting quieter and quieter, by the time I realised he had listened to me an gone off, I wasn't even sure if I wanted him to. Sure, I didn't know him, and he scared me, and he might have kidnapped me although I'm still figuring out that part, but he was all I had until I could find my family.

Something cold hit my arm. I looked down and saw a can of fruit. I scanned the woods for him desperately, but all I saw was him walking, walking away without a second glance back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SORRY I KNOW YOU HATE ME. Not that anyone reads this...awkward. Well, for anyone who does, I hope this update makes it worth it! I worked hard on it, and I'm pretty proud of it. Annyyywaayys, Cliffhanger!! Mwahahaha. Well, comment, vote, and share!!! I'm thinking about another story. Basically just about two best friends because I feel like there's a million love story's, and I'd like to beat the cliche that you need love to be happy! Thoughts?? Let me know! Love you all!

BY THE WAY : FROM NOW ON IF ANYONE SHARES MY WORK, OR LEAVES AN AWESOME COMMENT OR SOMETHING I'LL DEDICATE THE NEXT CHAPTER TO THEM.

- Marisa <3