Chapter 8

I felt a searing pain in my head. And wherever I was laying was extremely uncomfortable. I felt around a bit, but all I could feel was leaves, rocks, and dirt. My head was practically screaming in pain, but I couldn't find a way to get the words out of my mouth. I squinted one eye open, but quickly shut it after the blinding light came. I felt around again, thinking maybe I could find something to cover my eyes, but I had no luck. I groaned. Finding the courage to open my eyes again, I barely squinted them open. I flinched but let my eyes adjust, slowly opening them more until I could more or less see.

I glanced around nervously, I was alone. All I could see surrounding me were trees, dirt, and the occasional small patch of grass. I couldn't name the place I was. That's when I heard something. Footsteps. I scooted back towards the tree, not strong enough to run yet. I was hoping this person wouldn't hurt me. But, I had a feeling they had been the one that brought me here.

That's when he came into view. He was a teenage boy. My guess was that he was maybe 16 or 17. I could tell he had brown hair, and he was fairly tall, but my eyes wouldn't allow much more detail than that. I saw his blurry figure come closer to me and he leaned down beside me. I nervously looked around, hoping there was a place I could crawl away but I knew he would beat me. That's when he spoke,

"Sky! You're awake! Oh gosh, I thought you might've - ya know.."

What was he talking about? I couldn't be sure. I tried to sit up to get a better look at him but it made my head hurt worse. I slumped back down with my hand to my head. When I pulled my hand away, I was shocked to see a bit of blood on my it. The boy nodded.

"Yeah, you fell pretty hard. I wrapped your head up until it stopped bleeding mostly."

He gestured to a bloody white rag-like thing on the ground. I was confused, but my vision was clearing up. I sat up a bit, ignoring my dizziness. I found the strength to speak,

"W-Who are you?"

Horror spread across his face. I wanted to ask more, but that was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUN. What do you think happened? What will they do about it? If you liked this, comment and vote or share it! The more reads, the more encouraged I am to update!!

- Marisa <3