Chapter 9

I smelled grass. Old grass, but grass. And dirt. My head was throbbing with pain, but I felt something else as well. Something..cold. Cold and wet. I flinched as a drop drizzled down my face. My back was sore. I groaned and shifted a bit. I heard a small gasp and quiet footsteps. Soon I could feel someone hovering over me. I lazily moved my hand up and felt a cold, ripped t-shirt on my head. I smiled, thinking of the one person who could've done all of this for me. I mumbled,

"Mom?"

My hero. I didn't remember hurting myself, but she would be the only one to take care of me. My dad was probably out with my older brother, hunting. I smiled at the thought of my dad always being frustrated when my brother scared everything away with his noisy steps. I heard a croaky voice I didn't recognise.

"Sk-Skylar?"

My eyes fluttered open to see the brown haired boy. I wondered how he knew my name. I wanted my mother.

"Are you Ryan's friend?"

I asked, assuming he was here for my brother. His eyes widened and he shook his head slowly. He coughed awkwardly.

"Sky..this isn't funny, you know that."

I gave him a weird look. Maybe he had taken me here. Had I been kidnapped?

"Who are you? Take me back to my family."

I demanded, gaining more strength. I saw he had an open can in his hand. I glanced at it and realized how hungry I was. He smiled sadly and whispered,

"I brought you some fruit.."

He handed me the can and I hesitantly ate from it. He watched me even as I finished off the juice. I looked back up at him.

"Why are you being nice to me? Where's my family. Take me home."

He just said,

"I'm Dylan. We..uhh..we've met before. You hit your head, and you just forgot.."

He gestured to my head, which had been rewrapped in a new bandage.

"Did you take me from my family?"

I asked giving him an accusing look. He shook his head,

"No, we were..friends. We were out here together already."

My eyes widened. He was my friend? I was definitely suspicious. He looked a few years older than me.

"Why was I alone with you? What was I doing alone with an older boy like you?"

He chuckled lightly, but he still looked sad.

"Sky, I'm 17. Just a year older than you."

I shook my head furiously. He was wrong. Why was he trying to tell me these things that weren't true?

"I'm only 14! What are you trying to pull?"

Then a look flashed across his face of complete and utter hopelessness. He sighed quietly.

"You need rest, just...just sleep for a bit. I'll be over here if you need me."

He whispered, and went to sit by a tree. His eyes were watering. We must've been pretty good friends..

I fell asleep quickly, but I was still worried and confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Sorry if this update wasn't as good, I was trying to update quickly because I thought you deserved it! 53 reads! Woo hoo!! Let's see if we can reach 70 soon!

Like!

Comment!

Vote!

Share!

- Marisa <3