Chapter 12

DYLAN'S POV:

I looked down at her sleeping there and smiled, then remembered the circumstances and sighed frowning. Everything was all wrong. Why did she have to fall out of the tree and forget me? Why did she have to go wandering into trouble? Why couldn't she just trust me? I groaned and Sky started to stir. I saw her starting to wake up and turned away.

I had seen her wake up too many times and hated it every time. She would always slowly wake up. Then sit up. Then she would sort of smile and look around like she was looking for someone. Then she'd remember, her eyes would widen, then get sad and dark. She'd lay back down and stare at the sky. After a minute he looked back and saw her where he'd expected her to be; lying down staring at the sky. Her once bright, mischievous eyes looked empty and cold.

I sighed and pushed myself up. I left and came back with an opened can if fruit. I slid it towards her. We knew the drill. I always watched her wake up. She always ate. I always sat there, having lost my appetite. This routine had gone on for days.

When she finished we both sat there in silence for a minute. Both empty. Both alone. Neither with anything to keep us going. It was times like this I thought of what I had before. A family, a home, a bed, and a nice warm fire.

I didn't even miss it, not properly. It's almost like I didn't even realise it was all gone. I was expecting to wake up and have it all be a nightmare, or for someone to shout 'APRIL FOOLS'. It was all so crazy to me. I was hopeless. Running to live, but wondering why I even wanted to live. Then I met Sky. And I had a purpose, someone to take care of. Then everything just went downhill again. I sighed and laid down. I remember seeing a shooting star. As silly as it sounds, I made a wish. You know your desperate when you're putting all of your hope, and trust, and belief into this one little star millions of years away, but I made a wish. As that star passed by, I whispered, "Please bring her back. Please, please..".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I know it's been forever.. I've been going through a lot lately, but that is no excuse, I'll be more consistent! I will! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. If you read here often, you'll notice that this is the first one in DYLAN'S POV!! Isn't that exciting?

Okay, so like, vote, and let me know what you thought about it in the comments below!

Should I do Dylan's POV more often?

- Marisa <3