End of the Line

Grant

            We dropped off Jen and Melody at home. It was Jack, Gram, Jeremy, me, and Angel. She had fallen asleep and was laying against me. My arm was wrapped around her.       

            "So this is the end of the line" Gram said as we pulled up to the school. I woke up Angel and we got out of the car. She went ahead of me and walked back to the classroom. We stood around the charger.

            "I guess this is goodbye" I said.

            "Not yet. We have one more story to here from the storyteller." Jack said. I sighed.

            "Ok but I warn you this story has no happy ending. It begins with a boy. A lonely boy. He has a small amount of friends. Stuff at home makes him want to get out of the house. He finds his escape in a science club. He meets a young woman dating one of his friends. She means nothing to him. No feelings, no connection, nothing. Then she breaks up with his friend. He slowly begins to like her. He doesn't realize it. But he does. Then one day she calls him out on it. She plays with his heart and he gets his hopes up. But she drops it on him. She'll never love him. Her family will never accept him. He loses his mind. They fight and he goes to see a psychiatrist. He learns to suppress his feeling for the girl. But every day it tears at him. Seeing her with other boys, acting how they use to. Do what they use to. He writes her stories and poems. She praises his ability to write. He with her drawing. But it still tears at him. They talk. Not in public. But in private. The boy feels like she's trying to get rid of him. But he still stands by her. Comforts her. Protects her. Being forced to love her from afar. Everyday she talks to him is a blessing to him. He never wants to forget her. But he knows that in due time. She'll forget him. Leave him. Watch him die. The boy once again is alone." They looked at me. "Yeah sad life I know"

            "Just keep you chin up" Jack said

            "Never give up, never give in, never say never." Jeremy said

            "There's always a brighter side" Gram said. I smiled. That's what I always said.

            "Here" Jack handed each of us a phone "Just in case"

            "Goodbye" I said and walked to the school. I turned around and they were gone. I walked into the school and then into the classroom. Angel ran at me and hugged me.

            "I'm sorry we can only be friends, and that I can never love you, and...." I stopped her.

            "All I need is you. And I'm happy."

Jeremy

            Gram and Jack dropped me off in front of the school. I walked in and Melody ran a tackled me.

            "So Falc you just saved the world and your best friend from a major catastrophe what are you going to do next?" she said.

            "I'm going to Disney land"

            "And"

            "I'm going to take my girlfriend"

            "And"

            "We'll skip school"

            "And"

            "What else did I miss?"

            "You forgot to mention the part where you kiss the girl" I kissed her.

            "Na. A picture says a thousand words"

Gram

            We pulled up to the school. Mikela and Jen were outside talking. "That's not good" I said.

            "Don't worry. There's nothing bad that they could be talking about. I hope." Jack said. We got out of the car and made our way towards them. They stood up and walked over. When we got close Jen ran and hugged me.

            "So did you say your goodbyes?" Mikela asked.

            "Not quiet" I said. With Jen still in my arms I turned to Jack. "Look I know I was a jerk in the beginning but what Grant said was right. Without Jen I wouldn't know how to use my brain." Jack laughed. "Do you forgive me?" he took Mikela into his arms.

            "No. Because I was once was like you. Young and in love" He kissed Mikela. "I understand." He held out his hand and I took it and shook it. "Nice knowing you Gram Talon."

            "You too Jack Tanner" He pulled out his phone and hit a button and he and Mikela was gone.

            "Now what?" Jen asked.

            "Life goes back to normal" I said.

Jack

            We materialized in the living room of the apartment. "Home sweet home" I said letting Mikela go. I walked over to the table and set the phone down. "So what do you...?" I turned around and Mikela was gone. "Mikela?" I looked around "Mikela!" I ran into the room and walked on her clothes. I looked up and on the bed sat a very happy, very naked Mikela. My jaw dropped.

            "Why don't we finish what we started" she said in a sexy voice. I nodded my head. I ran and jump on the bed and climbed to her and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. I pulled away a looked at her. "What?" she asked.

            "Nothing. Just happy to have you back."

            "You're thinking about him aren't you?"

            "Yeah. I feel bad for him."

            "You and I both know you can't change time. Things have to run their course."

            "I know. I hope whatever happens......" she cut me off.

            "Whatever happens, happens. There's no changing it." 

            "Your right"

            "I'm always right"

            "Sometimes" I smiled.

            "Always" she smiled and kissed me.