Chapter 8

"It's a tracker. I can't believe it."

"Nat, we don't know that that's what it is. It could be a dead end, just like the quin-jet's tracker. If it is a tracker, he could have dumped it somewhere random. Although it doesn't make sense that the quin-jet was in the middle of the ocean and this tracker is in Berlin, but-"

"Wait," she cut me off, and pointed to the upper right hand corner of the screen, "What is that?"

A small icon glowed there, standing out agianst the map that showed up when I had hit the track button. I clicked on it, and a large play button took the place of the map. Natasha reached over and hit it before I could, and we both gasped.

"Hi, whoever this is," a video of Bruce in Stark Tower's lab began speaking, "if you're watching this, there are two possible scenarios as to why. Either, I'm missing or dead. After New York, I decided to inject a tracker into my bloodstream. The coordinates on the map that just showed up is the location of the tracker and myself; given that it's still in my body."

"Told you," Natasha hissed.

"Shut up."

Video Bruce hesitated, and stared down at his hands. "I do ask one thing. If I don't want to be found, and you know that, please, don't try. It's probably for the best. But, if the circumstances are different," he chuckled and smiled, "I wish you luck. Hopefully, I'll see you guys soon."

The screen went black and Natasha and I looked at each other.

"We need to find Tony," we said in unision.

*****

"Wait, so you found him?"

"Sort of. I hacked into the flashdrive that could track where he is. Technically, everyone else found him."

Bucky and I were sitting in the living room, my head in his lap as I explained the events of the day to him. After Natasha and I had found and told Tony, he immediately gathered the team to go see if Bruce was really there. I had bullshitted a reason about why I couldn't go (I told him I was having lady issues, and he didn't say another word) so that Bucky and I could stay at the tower. Alone. So there we were, and I was happy.

"So," I said, sitting up and leaning agains this chest, "what should we do tonight?"

He smirked and pulled me onto his lap. "Well, I've got a pretty good idea."

I laughed as he kissed my neck, and I put my hands on his chest. "Or," I said quietly, "We could watch a movie."

He wrinkled his nose at me, "I like my idea more."

"Come on, Buck," I rolled my eyes. "It'll be awesome, I promise.

He finally agreed and I whooped out of happiness. Abount an hour later, Dirty Dancing was on the television, and tears were in my eyes. Bucky didn't understand why I was so close to crying, which resulted in me calling him a heartless Patrick Swayze hater every few minutes. When we reached the final dance scene and Johnny stormed into the dance hall, I screamed "NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER," right along with him.

"I don't get it," Bucky said loudly, "why doesn't he just tell her dad that he's a good person and-"

"BECAUSE HE LOVES HER, BUCKY."

"But-"

"HE LOVES HER."

"Cara, I understand that, but-"

"JOHNNY. LOVES. BABY."

Bucky burst into laughter and kissed my forehead lightly. I turned my face and brushed my lips against his. Then suddenly, I was straddling his lap and my lips crashed against his passionately. My hands wandered to his shirt, and he pulled back a little.