Chapter 12 - No More Lies

A/N~

Finally an update! Sorry I took so long, super busy latelyy.. Anyways, I hope you like it!(:

~Lex(:xoxo

**Kennedi's POV**

"Hello Mrs. Hastings (Please excuse the fact this is not the correct last name, I haven't written for awhile.x), thank you for being so patient with us. Niall appears to be fine besides the fact he's still in a coma and we don't know when he'll be waking up. He can hear everything, he just can't move or talk. We'll be checking in with him later." Dr. Brooke said as he checked Niall's heart monitor. All afternoon I had been sobbing in the chair next to Niall's hospital bed, scared to death of the news I might receive at any moment. 

Louis had shown up, but had soon left after the doctor told him Niall was most likely not going to die. As for me, I had been here since I heard about the accident on the news. "Thank you, Dr. Brooke." I said, and he smiled and left the room.

I stood up and leaned down to Niall's face, "Niall, I-I don't know if you can hear me or not, but if you can, I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry for the rude text this morning. I should have known Lou had put you up to this. I'm just confused to why you just left all of the sudden at my house the other day. I was hurt, confused, and angry. But most importantly, I love you. I don't care what Lou, my parents, Harry, or anyone thinks. I want to be with you. Nobody but you. Niall.." I trailed off, my hand resting on his.

Tears ran down my face. I would stay here for days, weeks, months, however long it took for him to wake up. I want me to be the first person he see's.. I want him to know how much I care..

"Kennedi?" A voice said, and Niall's hospital bed sheets started russeling. I looked up at Niall's face, and his eyes were open. New tears filled in my eyes, and I hugged him as tight as I could. "What's going on?" He said, looking around him, and I let go.

"I'm so happy you're alive. I love you." I whispered, and I pecked him on the lips. He had a confused look on his face, but smiled anyways. I was so happy he was okay, I wasn't even paying attention to whoever had walked into the room.

Someone cleared their throat, and I turned around to see Louis standing in the doorway, his face stern. "Hey Niall, you're awake." He said, ignoring me completely. Niall smiled again, but not as sincerely, and returned the hello.

Dr. Brooke suddenly burst through the door, "Niall! You're awake! How're you feeling?" He questioned. Niall looked at him for a moment but then gave him the O.K. sign with his hand. Dr. Brooke smiled and reached for the clipboard above Niall's head.

"Now, I hate to be a pain while you're reuniting with your friends, but what exactly was the last thing you remember?" Dr. Brooke asked, his face returning to a serious glance.

"Well, I remember waking up this morn- some morning to Louis making something with a mixer. Then.. I don't know." Niall said, and I breathed a sigh of relief. The text. He didn't remember the nasty text I sent him. Though he sort of deserved it for how he acted the day before I should have let him explain first. I'd have to tell him at some point what happened, but for now we'll leave things on a happy note until he's more in reality.

"Mhmm. That's great." Dr. Brooke said, writing on the clipboard, "You've remembered things right up to the half an hour before the accident. That's pretty impressive compared to other people who've been in your position." He said, and I smiled. That's Niall, always making people believe the unbelievable. 

"Well, I'll be back soon. Louis, can I talk to you out in the hall for a moment?" Dr. Brooke said, and Louis nodded, following him through the door and out into the hall. The door closed quietly behind us and I looked at Niall.

"Kennedi, I'm so glad you're here. I thought you wouldn't come since I didn't explain myself from yesterday." Niall said, and I huffed another sigh of relief. He remembered the explanation! Thank God, because I want to know what was going through his mind.

"Well, start explaining!" I said, laughing lightly. He smiled, but then frowned and thought for a moment.

"Well, Louis was getting super angry about me and you hanging out, obviously. So I just went along with what he wanted so I wouldn't have to deal with him and I was planning on later texting you telling you what I had done, but Louis somehow got us wasted before I had time to think. I'm so, so sorry." He said, frowning at me. His blue eyes started getting misty, and I took his hand.

"It's okay, I forgive you. I'm just so happy you're okay." I said, leaning into him. He wrapped his arms around me, and I smiled into his back. He smelled like axe, even though he'd  been sitting in a smelly hospital all day. 

"I love you, Niall." I said, finally able to tell him how I feel without anybody disturbing us.

"I love you too, Kennedi." Niall said, and I closed my eyes. Finally, I've found happiness.

For now.