Chapter 3 - He Isn't Real

**Kennedi's POV**

I received a text from my mom about an hour to an hour and a half later after I had used capital letters on her. I couldn't imagine what it would say, so I hit the View Now button and closed one eye.

From: Mom<3

I love you, no matter what <3

I felt awful after reading that. I had just yelled at my mother, even using a swear, and then she sends me that. She sends me that heartfelt, six word message that makes ANYONE feel guilty after yelling. What was I supposed to say? I'm sorry I yelled at you, I love you too! No. I need to make it just as heartfelt, and not so obvious.

So I asked Harry's opinion.

"Whatever you want to do, Kenn. Tell her you're really sorry and that you were just mad that she didn't except you. Then return the love? I don't know! Your parents don't like me, so you shouldn't listen to me." Harry answered. He was getting on my nerves. Nobody liked me because of him, he hasn't been giving me good answers lately, and I just needed a change.

"Harry, why can't you just give me a good answer? Something I'll actually use?" I asked him, a stern look coming across my face. He frowned, not understanding why I wasn't giving him a lovey-dovey answer.

"I told you. Your parents don't like me because they think I'm a bad influence for you." He answered. That's what turned me off. Harry is totally disrespecting my mom and dad!

"Are you saying that you're Mr. Perfect and they're just my boring old parents" I asked him, an eyebrow raised. He sighed, and set down the paper he was reading.

"Of course not, Kenn. I just thought we were tight enough to let out our actual feelings, you know? What's gotten into you?" He asked and I sighed and walked out of the room. I didn't need to talk to him about everything in my life. He's not that important.

"Kennedi. Don't overreact so much." Harry said, and that's when I hit my boiling point. He needed to go, and fast.

"Harry," I said as sweet as a girl can be, "GET THE FRIG OUT OF MY HOUSE." I screamed, pointing to the door. Immediately his mouth dropped and he disappeared. That ought to do it!

I started thinking about my Mom and Dad once again. I hope they knew that I know Harry isn't real. He just helps me through life, knowing I'm not making my own decisions helps me. I don't have to blame myself, ever, and that really makes me feel better about who I am.

Think about it, wouldn't it be just wonderful to have your own friend, who always agrees with you, tells you what to do even though its actually your conscience. He's my best friend, I'm my best friend. In school, I never had any real friends, so why not make up my own? I guess he just never left me...

Kennedi, you need to get rid of him, you can't keep your parents all stressed. No Kenn, he's a part of you! You can't just get rid of him! Maybe you need psychology or something... No no, they'll send you to some asylum. What if Mom and Dad decide to send me there if I get worse?

Kennedi. You have to give it up. Harry can no longer be apart of you.

So I decided to text Mom.

To: Mommy!

I'm sorry. He's so longer apart of me. We're free.(:

Ok Kenn, no need for the smiley face. That ruined everything.

Knowing my mother and father will be so much more happy, proud, and assure of me, makes me the happiest girl in the world. I can finish college, I can have real friends, maybe even my old friends will come back to me. Ok, that's sort of impossible, but still.

I have to do this. I have to accomplish this. But I need help.

And I know exactly who I can get it from.