Chapter 6 - I'm Trying

***Louis' POV***

I ran into the kitchen, wanting more than anything to get away from there. I don't know her, so I shouldn't judge, but if she's a slut, that is a major turn OFF. Not judging, just assuming. I ain't kissing her not even a half hour after we met! That is not what Louis Tomlinson does. 

But that doesn't mean I don't want to get to know her. So I decided to leave a note for her.

Text me or call me whenever you need/want to :)

555-0555

~Louis 

(Yes, it's fake) There. That oughta do it. If I don't here from her by the end of this week, I will get her number from Niall. She seems perfect, and I was joking about thinking she's a slut. Hopefully she was thinking the same thing about kissing so soon. If she wasn't, I don't know what thoughts were going through her head.

I walked out the back door, closing it quietly so it wouldn't be heard from the living room. Starbuck's is awaiting, and I need time to think. By myself. I have a feeling that won't be, though. Halle works today from 9:00 to 2:00.

***Kennedi's POV***

"I hope he's okay. Should I go check? Should you go check? Niall, why were you so mean! We were about to have a moment." I said, and Niall sighed. He looked at me as if I thought I was a hopeless romantic at age 9. Spit it, Niall.

"Louis didn't want to kiss you, don't you see? That's why I popped around the corner when I did. Louis. Doesn't. Do that. He likes to at least know a girl for two months before even thinking about a relationship. Have you ever been in a relationship before, Kenn?" Niall asked, and I almost died. Did I seriously speed things up so to the max that Louis had ran out? What is wrong with you Kenn!

"Does seventh grade count?" I said, smiling a nervous smile. Of course it doesn't, you twat. Why are you so stupid.

"Listen, I gotta go find Lou and see what's up. We'll be back sometime this week, okay? Cya Kennedi." Niall said, and Horan Hugged me. Sighing, I led him to the door and a few seconds later, watched it close behind me.

The door echoed as it locked into place. Closed. Shut. Alone I was, again. Like I always am. How do they expect me to know how to be in a relationship, or have friends, or any of that if I'm always alone. No social life, not even a Facebook. 

Kennedi. You are a freak. A no good for nothing, space wasting, freak.

Crying, I ran into my bedroom and shoved my face in a pillow. 

What am I supposed to do now? I could tell Niall was frustrated with me when he left, and Louis probably wants to never see me again. Who knew someone you thought you knew for a lifetime could come and go so fast. No, Kenn. That makes no sense. Who knew someone you just met not even a half an hour ago could come and go out angry so fast.

You dumb son of a bi- 

 gurgle gurgle

Stomach, can you shut up for two minutes while I think things through?

gurgle gurgle 

Well, I can't just ignore my hunger. If you can fix hunger you can fix friendship. Niall loves food, food loves Niall. That had nothing to do with anything but it got a laugh out of me because I found myself giggling. 

I walked into the kitchen, and saw a note underneath my Doggy Days paper weight. I looked at it, getting excited, and saw an unfamiliar number on it. Near the bottom, the name Lou was signed, and I smiled to myself. I'm irresistable, no need to remind me.