Chapter 13 - Mommy Daddy Overload

A/N~

New chapter! Thank God. I feel so accomplished when I do this c;

QUESTION TIME: Who's POV's should I do more often? Your pick!

~Lex(:xoxo

**Kennedi's POV**

Two fantastic weeks later at a park down the road from my apartment, Niall and I were sharing a picnic together. It was the perfect day, the skies were clear, the birds were chirping, and it was warm, but not too warm.

Haha, yeah right. Here's how it really goes.

It started when Niall moved in due to tiredness of Louis. Yes, I guess that's how I should put it. We were now officially sharing the apartment together, and things were going great. I was happy, Niall was happy, and most importantly, my parents were happy.

There was a knock at the door and I went over to answer it. I opened the door, and in came my parents. "Hi sweetie! We brought you housewarming gifts even though you've lived here for over a year now!" My mom laughed excitedly. In her hands, she had gifts wrapped up in pretty pink wrapping paper, topped off with a bow.

"But, you know, most importantly, we want to meet.. Erm.. this Niall fellow." My father said, while I rolled my eyes and my mother laughed.

"He's in the kitchen, but jeez, put down all this stuff first. You guys look like you're the ones moving in." I said, and just as I said it, every in their hands dropped to the floor, ending in a bang

Niall ran in when he heard the noise, "Kenn, is everything alright?" He said, then he saw my parents standing in the doorway. It must have been at least five years since he'd seen or talked to them, though I'm pretty sure he still knew who they were. "Oh, hello Mr. and Mrs. Hastings! What a surprise." He grinned, walking over and shaking their hands. 

"Hello, Niall. Nice to see you again." My father stifly said, shaking Niall's hand. Typical father moment. When Nialll went to my mother to shake her hand, she pulled him into a hug and squeezed him tight.

"It's so great to see you again, Niall! You've changed so much! No more braces, and you've gotten so much taller!" Mom cried, practically smothering him.

"Mom, mom. Enough. There's tea in the kitchen, go have a seat while I talk to Niall about something." I motioned towards the kitchen entryway, and they nodded, walking in and talking to themselves.

"Sorry about my mum, she's a bit loopy. Plus, I think she's happy I've found someone better than Harry, even though, well, everyone's better than Harry." I said, laughing but feeling embarrassed at the same time. 

Niall laughed, too, "Your parents are great. I'm so glad I get to meet them. Again, anyways. A long time ago, I used to practically live at your house. But now, everything seems different, with us being together," I looked at Niall worriedly, and he smiled, "A good kind of different." I relaxed and kissed him lighty on the lips, then walked into the kitchen with him at my side.

"Great tea, honey." Dad said sternly, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He was so overprotective, even though he used to love Niall when we hung out in highschool. He'd always ask why we weren't together, but in highschool, Niall was nerdy and awkward. We were just best friends, I didn't feel anything more.

"Thanks, but Niall made it." I said, and he raised his eyebrows. Niall had a secret ingredient he put in his tea. I didn't know what it was, but it made it taste heavenly. He had an eye for food and drink, that's for sure.

"Oh, well it's very rich." Dad said, gesturing to Niall. He thanked him and then we all sat at the table. I noticed Mom was no longer in the room when I heard a gasp from the hallway.

"Mom?" I said, getting up from the table. All of us followed the noise down the hall and into the bedroom. Mom was sitting in the love seat and looking around the room, astonished. Everyone was confused.

"Your room is gorgeous honey! Did you just redecorate this? Have we really not been here in this long?" Mom said, brushing her hand over the lamp I had found in some random store at the mall. Mom got excited over the slightest of things.

"It's been sort of an overtime thing. When I see something cute in the store that matches the creamy color, I buy it." I shrugged, and Mom looked thrilled. Our house was white, white, and white, with no decor or cute furniture whatsoever. I wasn't exactly surprised she was so astonished.

"It's so cozy! We should do something like this, Jim. We need to spice up our house a little bit." Mom said, and Dad just shook his head. He wasn't a fancy sort of guy, which is why our lifestyles are boring and nothing. "Come on, you have a dream house stuffed inside you somewhere. Why not try?" Mom egged, and Dad just walked out of the room, jokingly shaking his head into his hands.

"Mom, go easy on him. He's already uneasy about Niall." I said, and Niall's eyes widened, and Mom and I laughed.

"He likes you, Niall, he really does. He just cares about Kennedi so much, he doesn't want to see her getting hurt like she has in the past, that's all." Mom said, and Niall relaxed a little. He had a thoughtful look to his face.

"I will never, ever, let your daughter go, Mrs. Hastings. I love her very much and would never want to see her get hurt, so I would never hurt her." Niall said, and Mom practically died.

"Oh my goodness, you are so sweet!" She shrieked, running up to Niall and hugging him. I smiled to myself, thinking of how he had said that. I loved him more than I've ever loved anyone, and for him to say that meant the world to me.

"Let's go back into the kitchen with your father, Kennedi." Mom said after strangling Niall, and I laughed and agreed. This might be a fun day after all.

***Niall's POV***

I really want Mr. Hastings to like me, because being liked by Kennedi's parents meant everything to me. They might be my parent in laws someday, so I want to make an excellent impression.

As we walked into the kitchen, I saw Mr. Hastings leaning up against the counter, sipping his tea. "Mr. Hastings, could I speak with you maybe out on the back deck for a moment?" I asked him, and Kennedi's face turned from happy to worried. I smiled reassuringly at her and turned back to Mr. Hastings.

"Of course." He said sternly, and I nodded, and walked out the door with him. "Is there something wrong?" He asked once we stepped out onto the the wood, closing the door behind us.

"Oh, no, not at all. I just wanted to talk to you about Kennedi and I's relationship. I... I just want you to know I love her more than anything in the world, and hope to be with her for, well, forever. She's my everything, and I've loved her since highschool. Being with her now is the best thing that's ever happened to me. She's gorgeous, kind, sweet, and funny. I love her." I finished, and Mr. Hastings looked astonished. I don't know what kind of astonished, but astonished.

**Kennedi's POV**

"Oh my gosh, mum. Do you see dad's face? I don't know if that's happy astonished or mad astonished. What is Niall even doing!? Should I go out there? Oh my gosh." I said, nervously. Niall was talking for a long time and the whole time dad's facial expression had been hard to say.

"It's fine, Kennedi. That's your father's proud face." Mom said, and I turned back to the door, trying to make out what dad was saying.

**Niall's POV**

"You're a good kid, Niall. I know you'll treat Kennedi great. I've liked you from the start." Mr. Hastings said, and I let out a breath.

"I'll treat Kennedi better than anyone has ever treated her before." I said, totally extatic that he believed in me and liked me.

"I know you will. Now let's get back inside. I know for a fact Kennedi is freaking out in there, wondering what you were doing." He said, chuckling. I smiled and walked back inside, him right behind me. Now I feel almost complete with Kennedi. Now all she has to do is meet my parents.. Yippee.