5

Circles. Circles. Circles. Circles.

That's what my mind went in as I saw Riley sound asleep next to me. my first instinct would be to scream, then cry ,then scream again. but I was more pissed off that I woke up when I desperately did not want to.

  I wonder if he still feels the same way about me. it really sucks when someone leaves you questioning things, even the simplest things can make such an impact on someone's life.

     "Oh good, you're up." Riley looked over at me with tired eyes. I remembered this sentence. he said it the first time we ever slept in the same bed together.

     "yeah, sadly." I mumbled, pushing the blanket off of me and meeting my mom's arms as I walked down the hallway.

    It felt so good to be next to someone who actually and genuinely cared about me.

    "have you seen Riley anywhere?" Rick asked me, after asking me if I was okay.

   Riley appeared from the room, his hair stuck up on his head and his cheeks flushed.

    my mom looked upset, yet surprised.

   "it's not what it looks like." I told them, glaring at Riley before storming out the door and into the backseat of the car with my doctor's approval.

    I guess I'd fallen asleep in the car, because I didn't even notice it was storming down the highway.

  I had to look a second time before seeing Riley in the front seat, jamming to whatever hideous music was blasting from the front seat. I wonder if he knew I was here.

        it wasn't that hard to distinguish between a ferrari and a jaguar, was it?

    apparently for me it was.

    "Where are we going?" I chimed.

    riley turned the knob down just a bit. he smirked and shook his head. 

    "seriously riley, I'm tired and am in no mood to play games. tell me where we're going or take me home." I snapped at him.

    "my car, my rules." he rasied his voice just a bit.

    "I didn't even mean to get in this car. if it weren't for you surprising me out of nowhere, I wouldn't have even come in here and I could be at home sleeping peacefully." I told him, glancing out at the traffic on the road.

     "so, me caring is a big deal to you now huh?" Riley asked me, playing the guilt card on me. Where was Nicole when I needed her to defend me?

     "maybe you could care a little less." I told him before stopping myself.

    "I'll do just that." Riley said, turning up his music a little louder than it was before. it gave me a headache.
    "Turn that down!" I basically screamed at him.

   a buzzing noise popped up on my phone.

  'I thought i wasnt supposed to care'

'not like that. just turn it down please.'

He turned the music down slightly.

     "I didn't mean you weren't supposed to care about me at all, it's just you show up out of nowhere, when we clearly a, left us on bad terms, b, I almost died and c, you're purposely making me fall for you all over again and it's working okay." I explained to him, hearing the silence in the car.

      "I'm sorry alright." he told me, and that was the last I heard from him before I fell asleep on the couch in the living room.

   I was happy not talking to Riley for a while, yet a small part of me wanted to run up to him, kiss him and hug him, feel his warm body against mine, taste his sweet lips again, and feel the satisfaction I once felt with him.

      but that was all gone now,

      and I'm still deciding whether or not I want it back.