20

*Riley*

The thing about love is that it demands to be felt. Even if you don't want it to be felt.

"Can I ask you a question?" Oliver asked me.

"Of course." I replied to him, moving closer to him on Nicole's couch.

He grabbed my hand and led me into an empty room.

"How can you promise me 'forever' when you don't have any idea what could happen tomorrow? How can you look me in the eyes at this very moment and say that it's me and only me that you will love for the rest of your life? How do you know? You cannot say that you'll only love me when you could meet another boy who will take your breath away, even though you've only met him once. How do you know?" He asked me, letting out a quiet sob.

"Because you're all I want. I can't promise you that I'll love you forever, but I can promise that I'll love you until you need me to stop. I won't fall for another boy because all I want is you. I've passed up many great opportunities because I don't want themI want you. I've wanted you ever since I saw your perfect brown hair and your goddamn emerald eyes." I told him truthfully.

He sobbed again, hugging me tightly.

"Please don't ever let me go." He whispered to me through staggered breaths.

"I will never ever let you go." I told him.

"We're forever and ever." Oliver said, smiling at me.

I kissed him lightly.

"Forever and ever." I repeated.