I'm Sorry

The lights are off, and I'm standing at the door of the bathroom. The door is slightly open, tempting me, and I can hear footsteps coming my way. Still, I inch forward.

The forbidden room that I have come upon. Carelessness is taking over, as curiosity runs through my mind. I've been stopped to enter here, I've told myself not to come. But no matter what, I still asked questions, and I still remained curious. Curiosity killed the cat, I remember hearing that?

~~In th IS C a sE, C U RioSity Re Al L y On Ly D  r  Ov e A g Ir L MAD~

- - -

...

....

- - -

Dark, empty, pitted eye sockets. The corpse of a blonde girl with curled hair. Then... a larger man. His eyes were wide open, blank, lost. His jaw was gaping and his body was limp. Brown hair, which matched that of a much younger, smaller figure. He looked like he was sleeping in a way, but cuts on his stomach proved otherwise, and his left leg was.... Oh god, there was another one. A woman a little older and bigger that the curled blonde, with a bit straighter hair. Her limbs torn, and her eyes GONE. GONE. There was some much GONE! And the blood, the stench! It was overwhelming! But I was scared...Scared of myself... I'm not sure if I find this exciting or terrifying. The mirrors in the bathroom, mostly spotted with blood, pictured a smile on my face, hands on my cheeks, and eyes wide. I saw myself, and instantly went dizzy.

...

....

The smell of death, so... MAGNIFICENT! How could I ever find it so repulsive? Oh, I can be so SiLLy sometimes~!

The door opening, sounding through my oh so sensitive ears? Who could that be? Maybe it's my beloved LUCIANO~! Oh, if he did this all... He must really be skilled! It is a little sloppy though... If he were a bit cleaner, then he could have made a work of art!

The door opened to face me, showing a troubled Luciano, his magnificent eyes staring at me. Oh, smile, Reiko! You have to present yourself better than that sane, boring face you normally put on! Come on! Luciano? How come you won't talk? Say something, silly!

- - -

What the fucking hell? Reiko, amore mio, what's gotten into you? She was smiling... waiting for my words to exit. When I spoke nothing, she walked closer. I didn't move. I wasn't scared, really. I was just thinking of the proper way to act.

I'm not sure why... I mean, all of the girls I've met... Of all of them, Reiko really only cares and accepts me. I'm not willing to lose her yet, unwilling to even think about killing her. So I know that I must treasure every word I speak, because the girl who I face is something I may have to deal with in the future, and is not someone I want to necessarily mess with, or hurt.

The door was slammed behind me, and I was pushed against it. This really, wasn't Reiko. Yet, she still looked at me with her caring, loving eyes. The eyes that I found she used only on me. However, this time, her pupils are constricted.

Suddenly, I felt her body close to mine, and our lips touched. Tongues interlocked, and breaths escaped. After she pulled away, I finally spoke.

"What is this about?" Was my single question.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, dear~ It's me!" Was her single answer.

That pissed me off. I love you, Reiko, but forgive me this once?

- - -

"You are acting weird, if you're you at all." He said. What does me mean by that?

"Uh... I'm confused... Is there something wrong with me?" I questioned.

"Do you not feel different? For every fucking thing I see, you've probably gone insane. I didn't take you as one to lose it completely over this." Luciano said, referring to the room.

I stepped away from him, a little angry. "This room is just fine! What's your DamN ProBleM!?"

Luciano clenched his fists.

"Looking into your eyes, listening to the odd words come out of your mouth... and your actions? What's your problem, sweetheart?" Luciano's frown formed into a  straight line, and he lunged at me. Lunged.

His knives were out and positioned beside both sides of my head. He stared at me in silence, and I felt anger.

Who does he think he is, taking control? I'M iN ContROL HeRe!

So of course I pushed him down! My dear needs a little punishment!

- - -

... 

....

I can see it all. My mouth, saying these foul words that I don't want to say, to a person I don't want to hear. My body is moving, doing things I don't want it to do!

I can only watch, terrified. Here... I'm not afraid of the blood. But where is here? My real self is only in this small section of my mind... and my insanity is exposed.

I have a weird thing going on with my body. I can only ever keep my sanity and insanity in two different people. Something uncontrollable to each other. I've tried to make them fit, make them come together. I know, it sounds odd... But that is what happens.

I can see this other self grab Luciano's knives... and then I really only feel pain. Even though I'm not physically harmed... I feel pain.

...

....

How come this other self has stabbed Luciano? He's in so much pain... and it's painful to watch. So much blood gushing from his side... his eyes squinted and breaths short.

More?

Stabbing.... more stabbing! She... no, I... I keep on stabbing him!

...

I'm no longer dizzy? My cheeks feel a little warm... wet... and I can see Luciano clearly.

....

Hey... Why did I do that? I haven't been gone, have I? I'm really only ever... here...  Hah.... Haha! How annoying can I get? Am I really so sensitive to try to separate my personalities? To try to get rid of my memories?

I can see my surroundings. Bloody, bloody floors. Dirty hands, dirty walls, dirty, dirty, mind. My mind... My childhood. It's gory, isn't it? Maybe.... Maybe that's why I have to hide everything from myself... Try to break it so it's easy.

How stupid of me.

...

....

I'm sorry, Luciano.

So sorry...

But... Could I ask one more favor of you?