Wednesday

I saw a smile form under her blindfolded eyes. It's as if she's enjoying this...

After already breaking through the door, I held the French guy who dared to mess with Reiko, and the American who dared to test me.

So now I was alone in the room with Reiko.

I removed her blindfold, unexpectedly finding a pair of nearly closed eyes. I wonder if her feelings have changed for the time I was gone. No... why does she love me in the first place?

Doesn't she know I'm a murderer?

- - -

I felt a pair of warm arms carry me away, as I pressed against their warm body. I wonder, is this Luciano? My vision's too blurry, and I'm a bit dizzy. What I'm most happy for, though, is that I'm not being touched by a drunken man who's feelings only held lust.

Before long, my vision cleared and my senses grew sharper. At that time, I could tell the sun was about to rise. What time was it when I was rescued?

Grumbling a little bit, I looked up to see Luciano, who's eyes were troubled.

"L-Luciano?" At that, his eyes darted to meet mine, causing a dust of pink to wave over my cheeks. "Are you okay?" He said, in a heavy Italian accent. But even his attempt in hiding his worry was transparent.

A question tugged at my mind, and I thought it best to just get it over with. So, while avoiding his gaze, I asked. "Where were you all day?"

A sigh. A sigh that I've missed all day, and maybe all night. Is it Wednesday? And what time is it?

I have so many questions! Even so, this was the one question I needed answered most.

"That doesn't matter." Does it not? "How come you always shrug it off? It does matter, idiot!" I said angrily. With that, his eyes flared up.

"If you knew, what would you say? Sometimes, it's just better to have some things left untold!" He growled. When he gets angry, he starts to get a bit scary. But why was he getting so angry?

"What, were you hanging out with some friends?" He shook his head.

"Working?" He just narrowed his eyes, still giving out an obvious no.

"Was it... another girl?" With that, his eyes widened. "Did you think I would cheat on you?" The word cheat made me blush slightly. It made me wonder, are we dating?

But being honest, I don't know. I don't know enough about him! He's so god damn mysterious, that my thoughts fight when he is mentioned.

"Uhh... I don't know..." At those words, he stopped walking, and placed me on my feet. While I was balancing out, he steadied me at my hips. Before I could ask anything, barely take another breath, he pulled my lips to his. It was a kiss full of passion and love. It was honest, with no hint of any lies.

"I would never do that, so don't ever think so. If you do, I'll get mad." I could only nod, as he took my hand and led me across a mysterious street.

And while walking down that street, I saw a clock through a window. Next to it was a calendar, pointing out that today was Wednesday, and it is currently 3:24 AM.

- - -

Luciano took me back to my house. However, he didn't leave me at my front door. He walked me to my room. I was surprised, but I didn't protest. He calmly held my hand, only letting go to place me on my bed. As expected, he did nothing. He only pulled the soft covers of my bed over me.

Before he left my side, he kissed my forehead, and whispered a "Goodnight." Only after that did he get up to leave. I was going to let him go, however reluctant I was to stop him mentally. But before I could stop my body, I was already pulling his sleeve and whispering back. "Don't go."

His cheeks turned a light pink, and his violet eyes stared at me with meaning. He nodded, and crawled next to me in bed, holding me close by him. While his arms wrapped around me, I cuddled into his embrace. I've never had a feeling such as this, but it's very warm.

It's exciting but also very relieving. In no way was it painful, this moment. If only it could last forever.

- - -

Now that I think of it, he didn't answer my question; Where was he all that time?